- Work from home and office (Hybrid role).
- Sydney or Melbourne based.
- Supportive work culture.
Legal Counsel 3 x Positions available.
About The Company
Jemena owns and operates more than $11.5 billion worth of major utility infrastructure. We have been providing safe, secure, and reliable energy to Australians for more than 100 years. Our focus is on developing innovative solutions to the energy trilemma of reliability, affordability and sustainability.
About The Roles
We currently have several opportunities for Legal Counsel roles to work in either our Sydney or Melbourne office. Each Legal Counsel position exists to provide legal services across our business Group (Jemena, Zinfra and Ovida).
2 x Legal Counsel (Unregulated Markets) will have a focus on supporting the energy sector (gas and electricity) growth projects; commercial arrangements for our existing gas pipelines and electricity services assets and construction works. (5+ years’ experience needed)
Legal Counsel (Corporate) will have a focus on supporting enterprise projects across a range of areas including health and safety, privacy and general compliance projects. (3+ years’ experience needed).
Each role will report into the Lead Counsel.
- Negotiating, drafting and providing advice in relation to Jemena’s corporate and commercial arrangements,
- Providing legal advice and undertaking research in relation to legal aspects of commercial, regulatory and compliance matters, as well as providing assistance with operational and strategic matters, from a legal perspective.
- Drafting contracts for the supply of works and services.
- Advising on major electricity and gas infrastructure projects, in the case of the roles in Unregulated Markets team.
- Working with a multi-disciplinary group of stakeholders across the business on enterprise projects and compliance issues, in the case of the role in the Corporate team.
- Identifying legal risks in transactions and advising on appropriate mitigations.
- Legal project management.
- Assisting the business to manage litigation and commercial disputes.
- Managing the interface between external counsel and the Jemena business.
What we’re looking for
As the successful candidate you will bring the following skills and experience with you:
- Bachelor of Laws or equivalent law degree
- Eligible to be admitted to practice law in NSW or VIC
- Solid experience (post admission) of which the majority was gained in a law firm providing legal advice on commercial matters, ideally in the areas of energy law and/or construction law
- Previous experience advising on energy infrastructure projects, major procurement contracts and/or operational utility arrangements
- You are commercially astute, possessing strong analytical skills in relation to complex legal issues and are capable of identifying and analysing the associated commercial and risk implications for the relevant Jemena business
- A good track record managing large projects and/or transactional work
- Sound technical experience negotiating, reviewing and drafting contracts
- In-house legal experience and experience advising on the operation of gas or electricity infrastructure will be highly regarded.
Jemena is committed to creating a workplace that’s inclusive, supportive and where everyone feels they can belong. We understand that each individual is unique and we embrace our differences.
We provide a range of employee benefits including flexible working options to help you blend your work/life balance.
We welcome candidates who are seeking the flexibility options to work from home for part of the week.
Click to Apply
Applications will close Sunday 18th April 2021 @ 11:59pm.
- Closes in 14 hours - 18 Apr 2021
- Published on 01 Apr 2021, 4:05 AM