- Job no: 14008
- Paid primary & secondary parental leave & well-being/family support benefits!
- Multiple career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill!
- Work / life balance focusing on you and your family + additional annual leave options!
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’ and our business has evolved over nearly 200 years! Our origins go way back to 1837 when The Australian Gas Light Company was established. Pictured here is an original gas streetlight in Sydney, lit by us, many years ago. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $12.4 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
Due to internal promotion we have permanent Senior Finance Analyst opportunity for those who are passionate and experienced with Data Modelling, Excel, BI, Financial Modelling and SAP.
This is a vital role managing a key area of the business and to directly support your people leader, Finance Manager - Vic Distribution (Electricity). With the combination of your operational knowledge, technical accounting and system skills, you will be empowered to produce quality data that will improve business insights. Your role will support the Commercial Finance functions within one our larger divisions within contract guidelines.
You will be seen as a trusted advisor and partner to both the Finance Manager, team and operational business partners internally.
A little about you:
- must have knowledge of energy sector / utilities, construction
- proven ability to combine internal and external data to provide insights
- exception analytical skills and experience is a must along with handling large volumes of data
- demonstrated ability to work with a team of finance professionals and identify / articulation of key business drivers and KPI measures
- strong understanding of strategic finance issues within a large and complex construction and maintenance business or utility
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline e.g., Business, Commerce, Finance
- post graduate qualification (CA / CPA) preferable
- strong understanding of SAP and BI (Business Objects and BPC)
- demonstrated knowledge and experience in BI & SAP systems (preferably incl. FI/CO/CATS/PS/HR/PM)
- advanced Excel skills and financial modelling skills are essential
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia’s First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Published on 24 Oct 2023, 2:30 AM