Based in Melbourne with the option to work flexibly
Opportunity to work with a fun, diverse and engaged team
Input into the Strategy
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day. This includes Jemena Gas Networks, Australia’s largest gas network with over 1.4 million customers.
At Jemena, we are focused on allowing our people to reach their own potential, be themselves at work and enjoy working in an inclusive environment. With a focus on our employees’ wellbeing, equal pay, equal opportunities and policies to support a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce, we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
About the role:
Reporting to the Pipelines Asset Investment Manager, we have an opportunity available for a Senior Asset Investment Engineer/Analyst to join our Gas Markets Asset Investment team to be based in Melbourne.
This position supports the development of a defined program for sustaining the aggregate body of gas assets from long-term asset strategic planning through to driving customer initiated and asset replacement Capex and Opex works programs. This is done through the development of optimised lifecycle plans and prioritised budgets balancing business, market, regulatory and technical contexts.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop Asset Business Strategies as required identifying asset management objectives, performance requirements, risks and opportunities and strategies to drive scenarios based on business and market constraints and objectives.
- Work with key business representatives to convert the strategy context into detail for the Asset Investment Plan’s
- Drive the development and management of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to provide management over sight to the performance of asset to its stated business objectives.
- Drive analysis of maintenance program to ensure support of and alignment to asset strategy and business objectives.
- Develop benchmarking tools to support efficiency review of existing assets and development of lifecycle plans
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate must have experience in a similar asset focused industry and strong technical knowledge.
Other competencies, skills and experience preferred include:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering or accounting is highly desirable,
- Experience in optimising lifecycle plans and prioritising investment decisions,
- Strong understanding in Asset Management systems,
- Excellent business acumen to make logical and intelligent decisions, with a continuous improvement mindset,
- Must possess the ability to influence and communicate with a range of internal stakeholders (Asset Management, Commercial, Services and Projects, Finance),
- Highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your true self. We are a team that partners with Work 180 and celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.