Asset Risk and Assurance Specialist - Ovida
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
The Asset Risk & Assurance Specialist provides technical leadership and accountability in risk and compliance management for asset process safety systems.
The role works across the end-to-end Asset Management Processes with both Jemena and Services & Projects (Zinfra) to provide a consistent and integrated asset specific risk and compliance framework.
The role supports the maintenance of effective working relationships with government bodies, technical regulators, and other external stakeholders.
Using your effective stakeholder management skills, you will engage with a range of external stakeholders and internal departments to maintain a current and prospective understanding of Jemena’s industry specific compliance obligations. You will also work closely with Asset Management and Operating teams within Jemena in order to test and provide assurance that risks are identified and under management, and compliance obligations are understood and met.
You will bring to the role excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities, demonstrated audit skills and well-developed written skills to deliver top quality reports, suitable for the regulator.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
· Providing guidance and direction on safety critical issues and assessing risk associated with the design, construction, operation, and maintenance through the development of associated technical policies, standards, and processes.
· Develop, analyse, evaluate, and report on controls in order to manage risk to an acceptable level.
· Scope and execute the planned and ‘ad-hoc’ audits of the safety management system and contribute where required to the audits for other markets.
· Facilitate the external audit program for the safety management system , including the engagement of auditors, engagement of technical regulators and coordination of internal resources.
· Undertake asset-related investigations to analyse potential weaknesses in the safety management systems to assist the business to understand the issues and identify effective controls.
· Review compliance strategies to initiate and ensure ongoing improvements in compliance with current regulatory, industry and Australian Standards requirements (AS 4645 & AS 2885) as they relate to the Asset Safety Management Schemes.
· Use expertise to improve the efficiency of compliance systems, policies and procedures in order to reduce cost and complexity
To be successful in this role you will bring the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
· Tertiary qualification or equivalent risk, law, or commercial discipline (essential) or engineering qualifications entitling membership of Engineers Australia
· Knowledge and experience in risk management, compliance management, safety management (essential)
· Experience in regulatory compliance and auditing processes
· Experience in researching, maintaining, and applying regulatory and legislative obligations
· Knowledge of the impact of relevant Acts, Codes, Regulations and requirements of Standards Australia, industry standards & codes and regulatory authorities on the operation of the energy industry.
· Suitable experience in and/ or knowledge of Asset Management systems processes (desirable)
· Demonstrated knowledge and achievement in the understanding and development of policies, standards, specifications for the energy industry and their application in contracts
· Demonstrated knowledge and achievement in the engineering design/operation of energy distribution or transmission systems and their components, or equivalent assets
· A high level of interpersonal and influencing skills
· Effective ability to problem solve with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.