- Job no: PACAH
- Opportunity to work with a fun, diverse and engaged team
- A focus on work / life balance + enjoy 2 additional weeks' annual leave
- Exceptional career development pathways, training & education support
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working.
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorse employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Here's an overview of our role:
We are building a team of Gas Operations Engineer within Jemena Gas Markets. These roles will see you provide front line technical support for our Control Room, including technical oversight and direction for dynamic events. These roles will support the daily operations to drive safe, reliable, efficient delivery of gas in accordance with the Asset Owner’s contractual obligations, and to meet our Asset Owners’ business objectives.
The services we provide, include the control, operation and monitoring of the high pressure natural gas pipeline systems, associated facilities, SCADA systems and ancillary equipment. Furthermore, scheduling requirements of their gas transportation contracts, liaison with producers, customers and maintenance personnel, actioning alarm conditions or emergency situations and investigating and reporting fault conditions.
- High level of competence in statistics and correlation methods
- Experience with SCADA or DCS Control Systems
- Ability to work independently, undertake shift work and cope with emergency situations
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, CMMS such as SAP; PyPIT experience would be beneficial
- Experience in operation or maintenance of gas transmission system or related is preferred
- Experience in hydrocarbon processing plants
Your knowledge & qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Broad awareness and familiarity with key stakeholders in a hydrocarbon production/operation work environment
- Working knowledge of the mechanics of fluid flow in pipelines is desirable
- Understand technical drawings, reports, manuals and procedures
- Understand complex diagrams, such as PFD, P&ID
- Knowledge of rotating plant and associated equipment, and their control
- Understand contracts for sale and purchase and transportation of natural gas
- Knowledge of Gas regulations
- Understanding of the Pipeline network to enable effective communications with Customers and Commercial
- Working knowledge of Risk Management
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Closes in 2 days - 10 Aug 2022
- Published on 02 Aug 2022, 11:07 PM