Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia, supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
About the role
The Gas Connections Manager is responsible for the connection of natural gas to homes and businesses across NSW and ACT. Based in North Sydney (when in the office), this role is pivotal in ensuring the timely connection of gas to premises, initiating metering equipment for billing, maintaining a high level of customer service and leading an exceptional team of SME’s to deliver to our (both internal and external) stakeholders.
The manager is required to build strong customer and stakeholder relationships and work collaboratively with other parts of the business to identify CX improvement opportunities and drive change throughout the organisation. The role will also manage the Retailer Support escalated service orders and ensure that Jemena Retailer services comply with all relevant market rules and legislation.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be passionate and enthusiastic about leading a team of SME’s.
- Continual desire to improve the customer experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience within the Utilities industry and have a strong understanding of the Regulatory environment within NSW and ACT.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to ensure stakeholder and team engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying and implementing improvement opportunities to drive change within the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Supporting and driving success across Jemena and Zinfra departments to ensure the team and overall success of the business
- Working collaboratively with our Contact Centre.
- Ensuring that all Regulatory requirements are met.
- Resolve escalated issues from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring a continuous improvement focus that supports the development of efficient processes which will enhance the customer experience.
- Accurate analytical skills to interrogate data and report in a format to senior management
- Ability to identify potential systemic issues and work with other departments for a timely resolution
To set yourself up for success in Jemena, you arise from a similar role in a comparable business. You showcase experience in the utilities industry, working with Retailers and Distribution businesses to identify and implement improvement opportunities to drive change.
You exhibit the confidence, capability and prioritising skills to navigate competing demands of the various business groups. You thrive in fast paced change and deal with ambiguity, effectively managing the often changing priorities. Finally, you couple a 'can do' attitude with a positive, friendly demeanour. These traits will ensure success in this critical role.
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your true self. We are a team that partners with Work 180 and celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.