- Job no: 14022
- Paid primary & secondary parental leave & well-being/family support benefits!
- HSE support for the Waratah Super Battery (WSB) Substation Project and future
- Career Development Pathways + Annual Bonus & Group Benefits!
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’ and our business has evolved over nearly 200 years! Our origins go way back to 1837 when The Australian Gas Light Company was established. Pictured here is an original gas streetlight in Sydney, lit by us, many years ago. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $12.4 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
New permanent opportunity to provide HSE support for the Waratah Super Battery (WSB) Substation Project and future NSW/QLD/ACT power project work.
In this permanent opportunity as the HSE Business Partner, You will be empowered to provide partnership and support to our Zinfra operational teams to deliver optimal HSE solutions that underpin the delivery of the HSE Strategy.
You will partner closely with our Zinfra operations to support and ensure implementation of operational safe systems of work and effective work processes and practices, so that client group goals and targets are achieved. Drive a workplace HSE culture defined by risk based systems and proactive behaviours of accountability, ownership, awareness and leadership.
Your role is accountable for supporting the assigned business area(s) in coordinating, organising and implementing a variety of HSE related projects, programs and initiatives. This includes the provision of professional advice, coaching, support, guidance and service to management and staff on all HSE policies, processes and issues in a timely and professional manner.
A little about you:
- demonstrated experience within a large, high risk industrial organisation preferably within the utilities, services, infrastructure or similar industry
- understanding of a HSE Business Partnering model and demonstrated experience working collaboratively to achieve common goals
- proficient experience in the implementation of risk based HSE systems and assurance programs
- experience and demonstrable achievements in coaching leaders and empowering teams and managers to support enterprise outcomes
- well-developed ability to engage and influence a range of key stakeholders to embed a mature safety culture
- ability to produce clear, concise and accurate HSE information and reports
- proven experience in leading incident and investigation and route cause analysis
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- Tertiary, Diploma level or industry qualifications in Training, Health & Safety, and/or Environment (Preferred) or a related field.
- Expert knowledge of Australian HSE legislative frameworks and codes of practice
- Incident and investigation and route case analysis (ICAM) training or qualifications
- Exceptional risk management skillset
- Knowledge of AS4801 and good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia’s First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Published on 29 Oct 2023, 10:34 PM