Jemena is an Australian energy company which owns and operates more than $11.5B worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
About the role
Due to business success, we have an opportunity for a seasoned Finance Manager to join our Services & Projects team. The role will be engaged on an initial 12 month Fixed Term Contract with a view to permanency.
Based across two sites (Bangholme & Burwood), the Finance Manager – Vic Distribution Contracts will use their commercial finance experience to support the delivery of our financial objectives on significant contracts. This is a ‘hands-on’ role with two direct reports.
Key responsibilities will include
- Accountable for the accuracy & completeness of the month-end reporting, forecasting & budgeting deliverables
- Detailed review & analysis of financial results
- Develop metrics to measure revenue & cost drivers
- Engage with Operations Managers for timely and cost effective support
- Drive strong commercial outcomes with any re-pricing of contracts and validation of financial impact relating to operational decisions
- Experience with working on schedule of rate type analysis, contract margin improvement, resource rate reviews (labour & fleet), cost control and costing for pricing purposes.
- Work with support functions such as Business Support Officers, Claims Management, Scheduling, Logistics and Subcontractor Management to ensure that all information to be used for financial reporting and analysis is accurate and complete
The successful candidate identifies opportunities to drive performance and evaluate processes to improve accuracy & accountability, measure productivity and add value to the general operations on these contracts. You possess the ability to gain operational insights through dealing with the detailed data, yet have the discernment to focus on the core findings and develop an approach to resolve issues.
- Seasoned experience in the following industries preferable - utilities, maintenance & construction, infrastructure and/or manufacturing
- Demonstratable experience in a similar managerial position
- Detailed experience in SAP is essential
- Knowledge in BI (Business Objects, Analysis for Office & Power BI) is highly advantageous
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
Considered a key member on the contracts’ management team, you easily communicate with all organisational levels of the operations team & have an ‘end-to-end’ view of the contract. Proven business-partnering skills are essential to be successful.
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your true self. We are a team that partners with Work 180 and celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.