- Job no: 14126
Jemena is an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
We pride ourselves on our innovative approach, technical expertise, and dedication to safety, quality, and sustainability. Our Group’s over 3000 team members across the East Coast, consistently strive to make a difference in the communities we serve.
About the role
As the Subject Matter Expert - Gas connections, you will provide expertise to all Stakeholders, acting as the key contact person for any escalated issues from Jemena external Service Providers.
In your role, you are responsible for business efficiencies to ensure effective and constant improvement of processing of connections, meter activations, retailer enquiries and investigations into cross metering and meter’s not present on premise, this work is pivotal to maintaining network integrity.
You will provide excellent customer service and directly liaise with customers/retailer regarding complex enquiries, complaints and escalations in line with the Customer Service Framework, this encompasses all relevant market rules, regulatory obligations and customer expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the coordination of service connections by monitoring the contractors, liaising with Retailers to resolve customer concerns
- Identify and raise with the business any systemic issues, process improvements and customer/retailer concerns, conduct analysis to determine root cause, provide recommendations to address the cause and drive remediation activities to assist in the resolution
- Maintain data integrity by ensuring that all information is recorded in Jemena’s systems accurately and within the required timeframes
- Work with other functional groups when required to resolve customer and retailer concerns.
- Generate reporting relating to connections, retailer enquiries and activations to senior management with complete analysis on status and issues
- Act as customer experience and change expert within the business, providing feedback to business on identified improvement opportunities to drive change within the organisation
- Detailed knowledge of the energy industry, including the regulatory framework and codes
- Demonstrated experience in a utility's industry with billing systems and stakeholder enquiries
- Ability to work organise and manage competing priorities to meet stringent timeframes at a high level of quality
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a wide range of staff and external service providers
- Preferable experience in process improvement and customer experience improvement
We are a champion of equal opportunity employment and have committed to targets for gender equity and first nations representation in our workforce. We want you to come as you are by promoting an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with.
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds including First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neurodiverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics.
Our people are our energy source and we offer meaningful benefits and rewards that work for you. We offer the opportunity for potential long term career growth as part of our talent development and succession planning process.
Join our team and make a meaningful impact toward Australia’s “Net Zero” targets through the delivery of critical infrastructure projects and be a part of our journey to shape the future of the energy and utilities industry.
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Published on 21 Nov 2023, 3:53 AM