We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena.
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
At Jemena, we are focused on enabling our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
Here's an overview of our role:
The role requires an experienced Business Development Manager who has successfully delivered projects across electricity distribution and transmission asset classes to establish new commercial pathways/network solutions within Victoria.
You will have the opportunity to develop, working with key SMEs and stakeholders, the optimal business model pathway including, establishing the licence to operate requirements, as well as working with multiple customers on commercial negotiations/contracts to support this new business approach.
This growth opportunity aligns with new customer connection demand and network augmentation.
We require the successful applicant to have exceptional external customer & internal senior stakeholder management skills/experience including presenting to seniors, as well as, leading negotiations across multiple key high value C&I customers.
The business requires a Senior Business Development Manager that can work across distribution and transmission regulatory frameworks; setting up new asset & service provisions working with the network and asset investment teams, and driving new pricing models and commercial negotiations to capture value across multiple strategic customers.
Key experience and qualifications:
- Experienced in commercial strategy and preparing and presenting detailed investment proposals for greenfield/augmentation development projects in excess of $50m.
- Skilled and experienced in commercial negotiations and business case development for high value revenue contracts.
- Extensive experience leading commercial negotiations.
- Experience in developing corporate growth strategy and developing new business models in regulated markets (in particular electricity distribution and transmission networks).
- Tertiary degree qualifications in an analytical and problem solving related discipline such as commerce, finance, economics, law, engineering.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the NEM, specific state (Victorian) jurisdictional regulations across electricity distribution and transmission networks/markets.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the electricity regulatory regimes across Australia highly desirable.
- Strong conceptual, opportunity development, customer engagement/commercial negotiations and financial skills.
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.