Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
At Jemena, we are transforming the way we work so this is a great time to join us. We are customer focused, diverse, adaptive and not afraid to do things differently but our focus is constant – we drive business outcomes.
About the role
We have a superb 18 month fixed term opportunity for an experienced Fleet Coordinator to join our team, based in Brisbane. Reporting to our National Fleet & Plant Manager, this role provides expert advice, analysis and support to ensure that the requirements of the fleet are provided for and to support the successful operations of the Power Services Qld business unit.
Delivering best practice fleet and plant management, this key role will review all QLD fleet including LV’s, PV’s, trailers and plant and conduct trend analysis on fleet activities. The position ensures that the fleet service schedules are developed and maintained to minimise disruption to each business unit. You need to be flexible with working arrangements as you may need to respond to issues over the weekend due to crews working 10/4 or 11/3 rosters.
Key responsibilities include
- Coordinate unplanned and planned maintenance to maximise the fleet availability
- Analysis on unplanned repairs and planned maintenance cost estimates to drive lower costs with best value outcomes
- Assist Delivery managers and field supervisors to arrange emergency repairs and recoveries across QLD including remote locations
- Engage with Works planners to ensure support for remote projects by pre arranging SP’s
- Carry out quality acceptance of any short term hire units to ensure fit for purpose
- Work with HSE BP to monitor IVMS data
- Assist Senior Fleet Coordinators with the fleet replacement, extension, disposal recommendations annually and ad hoc
- Support Senior Fleet Coordinators with the HCV/Plant and specialised builds with a view to ensure that items are built as planned, on time and on budget
- Analyse and interpret reports from our Fleet Management company i.e. fuel usage, kilometre management, activities/usage, termination, benchmarking in order to provide the National Fleet & Plant Manager with actionable recommendations to reduce cents per kilometre while maintaining efficiency
- Establish and provide the National Fleet & Plant Manager accurate fleet reports regarding operation, utilization, maintenance, repair costs
The successful candidate will likely come from a similar role, with extensive experience supporting Fleet & Plant across a geographically dispersed business unit. You are familiar with maintenance, fuel, toll, infringement and inspection management of Plant and Heavy Commercial Vehicles. You’re confident on MS Office applications and possess strong analytical skills to allow interpretation of monthly reports and data to identify areas of opportunity and risk.
You showcase the confidence, capability and prioritising skills to navigate competing demands of the various business groups. You thrive in fast paced change and deal with ambiguity, effectively managing the often changing priorities. Finally, you couple a 'can do' attitude with a positive, friendly demeanour. These traits will ensure success in this critical role.
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation.
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your true self. We are a team that partners with Work 180 and celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.