LV Operations Planner/Network operations planner
At Jemena, we are focussed on allowing our people to reach their potential, be their true selves and enjoy working in an inclusive environment with a community focus. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities and policies to empower a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key; we pride ourselves on meeting our employee’s expectations.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Diversity and Inclusion
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
About the role:
We have an opportunity for an LV Operations Planner to join our Electricity Distribution team on a permanent full-time basis. The role of the LV Operations Planner is to process Outage Applications and create planning operating instructions to provide safe and effective access to the Jemena Electrical Network, predominantly on the Low Voltage Network and High Voltage Spurs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Effective and efficient management of Outage Applications within the Jemena systems through to the creation of OMS outage plans and switching instructions
- Ensure the timely creation of switching instructions based on the operational procedures, standards, guidelines and agreed business and team KPIs
- Quality control and assurance of submitted information in compliance with Jemena operational requirements.
- Provide technical advice or training of internal and external colleagues who have applied for an Outage Application where these requirements have not been met
- Liaise with Project Planners/Project Managers/Supervisors/Applicants/Control Room to align the best possible solution to minimise customer impact from planned outages
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of work to assist in improving system reliability and capabilities whilst reducing costs
- Assist in co-ordination and planning of team activities including interactions with key stakeholder groups (e.g. GIS, Field, Control Room)
- You will be professional, enthusiastic and have a positive attitude.
- Detailed understanding of LV & HV electrical networks, electrical operating procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated outage application knowledge and experience with an understanding of the regulatory obligations.
- Technical expertise in assessing and planning operating instructions to provide safe and effective access to Electrical Network, predominantly on the Low Voltage Network and High Voltage Spurs.
- Understand and comprehension of the limitations of an Interconnected Network.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution network elements, construction, maintenance and testing activities.
- Have a clear understanding of all limits of approach and associated Green Book regulations.
- Clear written and oral communication with good experience in stakeholder management.
- Tertiary qualifications in an information technology, engineering or other technically oriented discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Be competent in using DMS/OMS, GIS, SAP and the Microsoft Office suite of applications
Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena's commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.