- Job no: 14063
- Hybrid working model within a leader within the Energy/ Utilities industry!
- Pre-delivery planning focus on various project initiatives across Jemena!
- Paid primary & secondary parental leave & well-being/family support benefits!
About Us and Our Culture
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’ and our business has evolved over nearly 200 years! Our origins go way back to 1837 when The Australian Gas Light Company was established. Pictured here is an original gas streetlight in Sydney, lit by us, many years ago. We are an Australian energy company who owns and operates over $12.4 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with essential services every day.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people. Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorsed employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
An overview of our role:
We have a superb opportunity available for an up-and-coming or experienced Business Analyst – Customer Engagement, to join our Digital team. We work hybrid and have a strong focus on a supporting and collaborative environment.
In this fixed-term opportunity, You will report to our super engaging and brilliant Product Engagement Lead, and will be integral in shaping the future of Digital at Jemena. This opportunity will focus on pre-delivery planning.
An element of your new role is providing solutions to business problems and continuous improvement activities, the remainder is assisting the team to drive towards the next phase of value stream design to deliver end-to-end value.
You will be empowered to define improvements to business processes, assists decision-makers in gathering information to make decisions, helps quality assurance products, and even steps in as a scrum master, or iteration manager as required. Your role will also create and own strong business relationships with stakeholders and will be considered a SME in human-centred design principles.
- work with Product Owners to understand and document key aspects of relevant products including processes, applications, risks, issues
- engage with Value Stream teams to ensure thorough understanding of the product requirements and outcomes sought
- apply best practice analysis tools and techniques to identify issues, risks and opportunities within both traditional and agile environments
- support the development of quality well defined business cases and mandates through the development of use cases, epics, and user stories with acceptance criteria
A little about you:
- Broad Digital domain experience in two or more of the following areas: Applications Development, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Maintenance and Support
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases, epics, and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and Product Owners to achieve target outcomes
Qualifications / certifications & Skills:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in I.T, Business, Commerce or a related discipline required
- Familiarity with company structure and operations in one or more of the following areas, customer innovation, utility metering and revenue, asset management and construction
- Knowledge of tools and techniques for key Business Analysis functions such as process mapping, requirements documentation, benefits elicitation and tracking
We provide you:
- Jemena is among the first companies in Australia to be accredited as a Family Inclusive Workplace
- flexible work arrangements, empowered to work your way & agile + additional leave benefits!
- primary & secondary parental leave & well-being and family support benefits
- numerous career development pathways + yearly financial support to upskill
- annual bonuses + generous $$$ employee referral program
- empowering you within a fun, diverse and inclusive culture
- group benefits galore for all employees!
- genuine focus on work / life balance
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia’s First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+. When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.