- Full-time, Permanent
- Salary $80,000 + super + salary packaging
- Based in Kilkenny, with travelling to tenants’ houses
- Opportunity for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to make a direct positive impact to the quality of life of Aboriginal people in housing
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking someone who is self-motivated and has a passion for working with Aboriginal people in the community, to empower vulnerable individuals and families to sustain long term tenancies. In this rewarding role, you will provide case management support to Aboriginal individuals and families with multiple and complex needs. You will work towards the goal of maintaining the tenancy, including prevention, early intervention, crisis, post crisis, advocacy, and activities in the form of individual or group sessions across our housing programs.
This position is ideal for an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person who has well-established connections in the Aboriginal community, and is passionate about improving the life outcomes of Aboriginal individuals and families. Your experience could range in areas such as, Social Work, Community Services, Counselling, Mental Health, or Drugs and Alcohol.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Provide intensive support to Aboriginal individuals and families whose tenancy is at risk and develop case plans outlining strategies for prevention, early intervention with tenants and their families.
- Deliver engaging and relevant activities and group programs to assist Aboriginal tenants to enhance their life and living skills to ensure they sustain housing.
- Communicate with a range of Aboriginal people from different language groups and communities and connect them to supports that meet their cultural needs.
What do you need to bring?
- Tertiary education in Community Services or other relevant discipline or demonstrable experience in related field/sector
- Demonstrated experience in deeply listening to the voices of Aboriginal customers and community members including integrating Aboriginal perspectives in service provision
- Experience and knowledge in case management framework including assessment, planning, referral, and advocacy
In accordance with AnglicareSA’s Aboriginal Employment Strategy and pursuant to s. 65 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 SA, and s. 8 of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975, applications are invited from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people only.
Who is AnglicareSA?
As SA’s largest social services provider, AnglicareSA makes a positive difference to the lives of more than 65,000 people each year. Our 1,800 staff and 580 volunteers support individuals, families and communities, responding to their immediate need and working with them to build capacity to restore and maintain dignity and control in their lives. Our services are broad, supporting people at every stage of life.
We believe in social justice, the equal worth of each citizen, equality of opportunity and the importance of strong communities. Together we change lives.
What we offer:
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay
- Banking benefits, health care discounts, gym membership offers, paid parental leave, and much more
- A diverse and supportive team culture who have a focus on improving lives by working collaboratively
How to Apply:
You can view the job description via the vacancy's application page on the AnglicareSA website for the full role requirements.
To apply, please follow the prompts and attach your resume.
For further information please contact Renee Molyneux via firstname.lastname@example.org. We can then arrange a phone call to discuss the role further.
Applications close 5pm Thursday 14th October
AnglicareSA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage all suitably qualified candidates apply.
We are committed to the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Please contact the person above to discuss joining AnglicareSA and visit our website for details on our Aboriginal Services.