With approximately 50,500 talented people globally and 5,400 talented people based in more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. Our purpose is simple, we exist to future proof our cities and our environment.
If you wish know whether you will like working with WSP and align with its Culture and Values, please visit our website www.wsp.com
Due to anticipated growth, we are currently looking to engage a Senior Control Systems Engineer to join our Brisbane office.
While we are a large global business, we aren’t tied down by bureaucracy. We strive to give our people the freedom and flexibility to make their own decisions, whether this is in their daily work or for progressing their career.
The Opportunity and What we'll love about you
- Bachelor’s degree (Control Systems / Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering) and has attained CPENG status. RPEQ status is desirable.
- Proven experience (7 -15 years) in delivery of control systems for projects in power generation (coal, gas, CCGT, hydro, renewables), oil and gas, and other process industries, including specification, concept and detail design, testing and commissioning roles.
- Highly desirable technical competencies – Certified Functional Safety Engineer; Hazardous Area – Classification, Design, Installation & Maintenance; Control Systems Maintenance.
- Experience with the current DCS, PLC, SIS, SCADA systems, instrumentation and actuators in the marketplace, and is able to prepare associated designs, drawings, specifications, as well as conduct equipment audits and due diligence to produce clear and concise technical reports.
- Ability to manage projects of medium – large complexity and act as the Lead control systems engineer, supervising teams of professional staff including developing/mentoring junior engineers.
- Ability to deliver the best client outcomes, whilst managing safety, risk and commercial performance.
- Demonstrates a strong client focus, willing to participate in business development activities, including client relationship management, pursuits and proposal preparation.
- Skilled at collaborative working, have good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
This role is strategically important to our future growth and impact. We are looking for someone who has a can-do attitude, who is consultative, able to prioritise their work and get things done. The successful candidate will be a team player, and able to work with a range of stakeholders including influencing senior leaders.
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave & purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
Inspired by Diversity, Driven by Inclusion…….
Discover a forward-thinking culture that incorporates some conventional yet non-negotiable qualities—like respect, integrity and trust. We welcome to the table all perspectives, strengths, skills, creeds and genders because we know that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results.
WSP supports a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.