- Job no: PKQ9R
- Senior Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs role
- Ability to create meaningful change and make a practical difference
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Full-time permanent position based in Perth (with some regional and interstate travel)
- Base salary + super + incentives + attractive team member benefits
About the team
Our Corporate Affairs team has broad responsibilities, aligned with Wesfarmers reputation, including corporate communications, government relations, delivery of our reconciliation commitments, advancing our sustainability objectives, community partnerships, stakeholder engagement and the Wesfarmers Arts program.
Our vision for reconciliation is an Australia that affords equal opportunities to all. We seek to ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people feel welcome in our businesses as team members, customers, suppliers and visitors.
We are excited to be looking for an outcome focused individual who is passionate about advancing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander affairs through stakeholder engagement and by accelerating the Group’s reconciliation initiatives.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Head of First Nations Affairs and Enterprise, this role will:
- Partner with our businesses to support the implementation of the Elevate Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) to ensure the delivery of our commitments
- Act as our central contact point for Reconciliation Australia, as well as manage our RAP reporting requirements
- Work closely with our businesses to drive sustainable Indigenous employment outcomes
- Develop and maintain our engagement with community partners and identify opportunities for greater collaboration
- Support the coordination of the Wesfarmers Indigenous Network, which brings together team members from across the Group to share knowledge and accelerate our reconciliation initiatives
- Drive the implementation and coordination of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and reconciliation programs for our Corporate Office
What you’ll need
- Proven professional and lived experience, with knowledge and understanding of Indigenous history, heritage and cultures
- Strong understanding of Indigenous employment and programs
- Strong project management skills and an ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, including an ability to positively influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- A results orientated, customer focused approach to your work
- A genuine interest and passion to learn and develop new skills
- Have and maintain a current Working with Children Check
As one of Australia’s largest listed companies, we’re proud of our longstanding contribution to Australians. Wesfarmers’ achievements are deeply rooted in the desire to continually reinvent ourselves for the brands we own and operate, including leading retailers like Bunnings, Kmart, Target, Catch, Officeworks and Priceline. Our work doesn’t stop there, we operate in the industrials sector which supplies the nation with chemicals, energy and fertilisers, and industrial and safety products. And in 2022, we established OneDigital to power the Group’s data and digital growth ambitions.
Join the team at Corporate Office which provides support and advice across the Wesfarmers Group
We’re results focused, but we’re a business that cares. Here we are less about titles and more about everyone playing a valuable role. We provide autonomy and space with freedom to operate, quickly learning from mistakes because we know they are part of the way forward. We’re curious, open minded, and collaborative. And although we’re thought leaders, we’re humble, and willing to share knowledge and learn from one another.
We know that diversity fosters greater innovation and better customer connection, so we strive to create an inclusive and diverse work environment. This means promoting the development of our people and fostering a sense of belonging irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If this sounds like your next career move, then combine your cover letter and resume into one document and click on the ‘Apply’ button by Wednesday, 5 April 2023. Please note that we may commence interviewing of candidates prior to this closing date.
For brief enquiries please contact Human Resources on (08) 9327 4223.
We’re hiring the best and the brightest talent. Let’s start to explore the possibilities of achieving great things together.
For more information, visit our website at https://www.wesfarmers.com.au
Confidentiality is assured.
- Published on 15 Mar 2023, 11:09 PM