- Job no: 62284
- Category: Engineering
Tundra Technical Solutions has built a safe and open community of talented women to help advocate for those looking to get ahead in their science, technology, engineering, math, and data careers. As a LinkedIn Diversity Champion, Tundra is a staffing firm that provides equal opportunities, career advice, and mentorship in the workplace for those who apply and join our community! Apply now to be first in line for equitable contract and full-time opportunities with the world’s most recognizable brands in the STEM industries. We can’t wait to introduce you to our clients.
Our client is a Vancouver-based breakthrough energy technology company developing a novel methane pyrolysis platform for low-cost, clean hydrogen production. We believe this technology will have a significant and positive impact in a world trying to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and address Climate Change.
The Mechanical Engineer will focus on piping design for our clients methane pyrolysis process including layout, stress analysis, material selection, and flow modeling. This role is ideal for someone interested in designing the first of its kind industrial plant. You are an “outside of the box” thinker and are motivated by the thought of doing something that has not been done before.
Along with our innovative technology, we are creating an inclusive and collaborative work environment where your ideas and input count. Our client offers a flexible work schedule and benefits that include wellness for employees and their families.
- Develop solutions for hydrogen, oxygen, or related gas services.
- Prepare piping isometrics and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Prepare technical data sheets, line lists and piping assembly drawings.
- Complete piping stress analysis.
- Provide piping material specifications.
- Develop our clients piping codes and standards.
- Write welding procedures.
- Review designs produced by 3rd party vendors or EPC’s.
- Support the design and registration of mechanical equipment.
- Guide designers to complete 3D layout of PMP plants.
- Monitor and report on progress, and schedule.
- Participate in HAZOP.
- Follow safe work procedures.
- Other relevant duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with P.Eng designation in BC and/or Alberta.
- 12+ years experience as a mechanical engineer with piping experience.
- Knowledge of applicable industry codes, regulations, and standards.
- Proven track record of piping stress analysis.
- Experience with stress analysis software such as Caesar II.
- Ability to interpret and generate P&ID’s and piping isometric drawings.
- Working knowledge of industry standard 3D modelling software.
- Experience with metallurgy and welding for piping specifications.
- Experience with high temperature processes.
- Additional experience with industrial equipment such as pumps, cooling systems, separation units and pressure vessels.
Purposeful work - we are developing breakthrough technology that transforms the way we produce clean hydrogen.
In addition, you will benefit from:
- Competitive compensation, plus bonus
- Extended health and dental plan
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule out of our North Burnaby office
- Staff social functions
- Free snacks
- Free parking
- Great team to work with
We are a fun group of mainly engineers and operations staff. We are collaborative, humble, and hard working.
- Into coffee? We have a pretentious coffee club
- Enjoy cycling? We have a club for that too
- Running? Burnaby lake park is right behind the office
- Competitive? Challenge a co-worker to a game of foosball
Thank you for taking the time to consider working with Tundra and our clients. We are dedicated to offering the best recruitment experience by using equitable practices and considering all applicants, regardless of gender. Please note, only qualified candidates eligible to work in Canada or the US will be contacted by our recruiters. Stay up to date on new roles before they hit the market by registering to our STEM Talent Community.