Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. As the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX, TPG Telecom has a strong challenger spirit and a commitment to delivering the best services and products to our customers. We are driving competition and choice for businesses and consumers across Australia.
As the, HSE Advisor, you will be responsible for monitoring and championing Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) within Network Operations. You will be the point of contact for queries and escalations within your region and will ensure established relationships are maintained with key Build Suppliers.
You will be responsible for ensuring there is clear guidance to the Regional Delivery Teams and Principal Contractors/Build Suppliers in respect to safety standards, legislative/regulatory requirements, TPG Telecom’s safety initiatives and sustainability management across all TPG Telecom delivery programs.
You will ensure Build Suppliers maintain the highest standards of Safety, through structured vendor engagement, monthly meetings, reviews of Build Supplier safety systems (within a regional office), onsite safety inspections and adherence to TPG Telecom’s “High Risk Standards” and “Absolute Rules”
You will also conduct your own regular quality inspections and keep abreast of the latest standards as directed by the National WHS manager.
- Lead Health and Safety audits and inspections across specific sites, collate and review risk assessments and prepare monthly reporting
- Co-ordinate with Network Operations, Regional Managers, state delivery teams and other state based WHS specialists to ensure a consistent standard is maintained nationally
- Assist with the development of Policies, Procedures and Guidelines to support the regime of “best in industry” safety and quality as directed by the National WHS manager
- Manage and support Build Suppliers through the Supplier Accreditation Program, driving improvements in safety and offering build suppliers every chance of successful advancement within the accreditation program
- Drive a culture of Safety first and full compliance with Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) policies and procedures for all internal staff, external Build Suppliers and other Vendors
- Ensure adherence by all regional Build Suppliers to Vodafone policies and procedures as introduced and varied from time to time
- Ensure relevant employees are sufficiently accredited, trained and equipped to safely perform their duties within the region
- Protect the brand, reputation and profitability of TPG by maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its information assets and information systems
Knowledge and experience
- Extensive construction industry understanding &/OR experience
- Telco background is desirable but not essential
- 3-4 years experience in a Work Health Safety style role with a broad WHS knowledge, including legislation & risk management
- Experience with Incident Investigation
- Experience influencing safety behaviours throughout various levels
- Ability to problem solve and assist with making practical decisions in a high-stress environment
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Vodafone Learning platforms
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
Interested? We are excited to hear from you!