- Job no: DQE78
- Category: Finance
We’ve only just begun, but what a beginning. In a once in a generation moment, we’ve brought together powerful brands to create one united force. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. The latest technology and brave thinking let us connect our people and communities. You could play a role in that. A big one. We invite you to bring your boldness and stand out. You are empowered. Opportunities are plenty for those ready to accept the challenge.
The role of Finance Analyst/Accountant is to prepare financial reports to assess the financial performance of the business, support decision making, and contribute to process improvement. Key purpose is to do the month end close, including review revenue and costs, prepare and post journals, assist with management pack and commentary, prepare balance sheet reconciliations and clear variances, assist with audit requirements.
- Month end close for Revenue and Margin
- Accounting and reconciliation of revenue and margin from the various billing systems (revenue recognition, unearned revenue, debtors, contractual liabilities, provisions etc)
- Prepare workpapers and documentation of revenue, direct costs, and other financial control processes
- Assist with preparation of management pack and MoM movement commentary
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and investigate and resolve variances
- Assist with audit process
- Actively participate in process improvements
Knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and standards such as IFRS 15 and 16, with prior experience in month end close activities, revenue related journals, cost and inventory journals, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ability to be a self-starter and willingness to take ownership of an area.
- Experience in revenue accounting would be advantageous
- CPA/CA or equivalent qualification preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change
- Initiative and integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (work from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to TPG Learning Hub platform and internal development opportunities
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
Our TPG Telecom Spirit
We believe in the power of meaningful relationships to support vibrant, connected communities where everyone belongs. You will join a supportive company that is diverse and inclusive, and celebrates what makes our employees different, as well what brings us together. We want you to bring your true self to work, and to feel like your contribution matters. We encourage ambition in everything we do, from telco solutions to customer experience, to community impact. You will have real opportunities to take charge and take control.
If you think the power of people and collaboration can make a meaningful difference in the world, then APPLY NOW to help us build a better future.
Bolder and better together!
- Published on 15 Aug 2022, 11:46 PM