This is a FIFO position on a 21 days on, 14 days off roster. Point of Hire is restricted to Kavieng/ Rabaul/ Port Moresby/ Lae /Mt. Hagen and Tabar Group of Islands
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Supervise and develop the Mine Medical Clinic.
- Attending to medical emergencies.
- Approve and manage medication and drugs orders.
- Ensure all medication and drugs are secured and accounted for.
- Report medical statistics including of medication and drug usage to Manager Health, Safety and Security on a daily, weekly, monthly basis or as requested.
- Training of employees working in the Mine Medical Clinic.
- Provide health education and awareness to the workforce and surrounding community.
- Work alongside the Emergency Response Team to establish intensive care and trauma centre in an emergency.
- Provide training and coaching to Emergency Response Team.
- Commission health patrols to remote areas and working alongside current Company’s community Health program. Additional duties may involve family planning services, promotion of sanitation and hygiene, screening for communicable disease, performing health education activities, collecting statistics, maintaining records and providing health care referrals.
- Assisting the Community Health Centre when required.
- Keep constant communication with the Community Health Center.
- 24 Hour call duty when on site(No alcohol consumption allowed)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Formal qualifications issued by Registered Academic institution in the area of emergency medicine;
- Cert III in Mine Emergency Response Rescue;
- CERT VI in Training ad Assessment;
- Previous experience treating a diverse workforce and Community ;
- Previous experience operating a medical clinic and supervising medical staff;
- Good managerial skills and know how to deal with community relations works and should know how to analyse existing methods and implement improvements;
- An excellent knowledge of Health and Safety Practices and proven experience in establishing and implementing systems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively manage time;
- Developing initiative approach to all tasks;
- Field experience;
- Prepared to accept responsibility.
- A good knowledge of Mine Operations
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with considerable experience in the demands and practices of the mining industry. Simberi Gold Company LTD offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly through this Company Talent Pool website: https://livehire.com/talent/community/stbarbara/sig
Short-listing for this position commences on the 26 October 2020, however we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date.
To be eligible for this role you must be a PNG National.
St Barbara is an Equal Opportunity Employer and in 2014 was one of only 76 organisations in Australia to receive citation from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and in the same year, winner of the Women in Resources National 2014 Award for achievements in eliminating gender pay equity gap.
- Published on 26 Sep 2020, 1:36 AM