- Job no: X6FJ6
- Permanent role & W-F-H flexibility, empowered to work your way & agile
- A focus on work / life balance + enjoy 2 additional weeks' annual leave
- Primary & secondary parental leave & ability to purchase additional leave
We focus on being fun, supportive, collaborative and forward thinking people at Jemena. Be part of a forward thinking culture with genuine people leaders that encourage your growth, continuous improvement and new ways of working.
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We operate more than $11.5 Billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets. We empower our people to reach their potential. Prioritising our employees’ wellbeing, equal opportunities, along with empowering a fully diverse and fulfilled workforce is key.
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental (primary & partner) leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits, is a key foundation to our success. We also have an array of well-being options to support our people.
Jemena & Zinfra are certified as a Family Inclusive Workplace. We are also an endorse employer of Work180 – Jobs For Women. We are passionate about what we do, and we are proud of who we are.
Here's an overview of our role:
This is a new role within the team and will play a pivotal role, responsible for supporting the Corporate Finance Senior Analyst; providing finance strategy and long term financial analysis for the portfolio, financial modelling, strategic project and M&A support to the company.
Apart from internal relationships across the group, you will have the opportunity to build external relationships with; Investment Banks, Financial Advisors, External auditors, consultants and advisors.
You will be coming from within valuation / corporate finance / deals teams (transaction services), with a strong analytical / financial modelling background.
In particular, you will be assisting the Senior Analyst in providing the following:
- technical financial modelling and analytical support to the business,
- consistent model development, maintenance and improvement
- annual target setting process for financial budgeting and planning;
- Investment team in month end close for the minority investments
- Treasury team in corporate debt analysis and interest model maintenance
- assisting in delivering the impairment testing for the group, along with with ad-hoc projects when required
Furthermore, you will support the Senior Analyst in the maintenance and improvement of long term corporate model; support team members within Corporate Finance to achieve team objectives. The position is also responsible for working with other Corporate Finance team members, in driving and improving relationships and processes with regards to the Group’s long term financial management.
A little about you:
- Degree level qualifications in accounting, finance or commerce is essential
- Member of CFA, CPA, ACCA or working towards
- Financial modelling with Excel is key for the role
- Knowledge of energy sector / utilities / infrastructure preferable
- High degree of interpersonal skills and demonstrable relationship development and management track record
- Demonstrated ability in financial analysis and corporate finance concepts
- High level conceptual, analytical and interpretive skills
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Jemena is an Aboriginal word meaning ‘to hear, listen and think’. We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive, flexible and passionate team. We are a team that celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s commitment to keeping our employees safe, it is a requirement for all employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks, national police check and provide evidence of your vaccination status. Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Closes in 20 days - 28 Aug 2022
- Published on 29 Jul 2022, 1:33 AM