Jemena is an Australian energy company who own and operate more than $11.5 billion worth of gas and electricity transportation assets across Australia supplying millions of households and businesses with these essential services every day.
About the role:
The Network Planning Engineer is responsible for leading the development of the electricity supply network to safely meet supply requirements, optimising costs, capacity, network performance and network losses.
This role provides technical leadership and accountability to the business and supports line manager in ensuring engineering solution support the asset management, operational and commercial objectives of the business.
The role has arisen due to an internal promotion.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with leadership of the Network Planning activities by ensuring plans are prepared, objectives / goals defined, roles clarified and requirements communicated
- Lead and coach project teams
- Preparation of long-term Capital Growth Plans and Transmission Connection Asset Plans by monitoring and forecasting network loading and utilisation and modelling and analysing the network to ensure adequate capacity
- Manage relationship with transmission supplier for connection asset augmentation work
- Lead the development of network initiated project capital works program that will deliver the required levels of reliability and performance as well as the financial parameters, including review of risk assessments, scope of works and business cases
- Lead customer and embedded generation connections from a network planning perspective
A little bit about you:
We are looking for a committed and dependable individual with :
- tertiary qualifications and/or higher in Engineering.
- extensive working knowledge and understanding of the electrical network, zone substations and operations
- up-to date knowledge of network planning standards and technical requirements in the electrical industry.
- detailed knowledge of IT systems (load flow packages) and a broad understanding of secondary systems (desirable)
Why you should come and work for us:
Our people are our greatest asset so having various flexible working options, remote working, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits is a key foundation to our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation
Diversity/Inclusion consideration to be inserted:
We understand the value of a diverse workforce, the ability to work from home, and have committed to creating real employment opportunities through our Reconciliation Action Plan. We look forward to receiving applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
When you join Jemena, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your true self. We are a team that partners with Work 180 and celebrates International Women’s Day, NAIDOC Week, International Day of People with Disabilities and many other days that matter to our people. Come join us!
As part of Jemena’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.