About our Park
Lake Tinaroo Holiday Park is surrounded by lush, native bushland, just a stone’s throw away from the stunning Lake Tinaroo. Our park offers a variety of accommodation options to suit every style of holidaymaker, from modern family cabins, Waterview villas and Pool-side units, to caravan sites and camping grounds.
About the role
As Park Manager you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations at our Lake Tinaroo Holiday Park. You will manage all services offered within the park and ensure a Safe and Compliant environment. You will lead a diverse group of park employees and meeting financial targets. Your advanced leadership skills are essential as you guide and lead the team to create the ultimate holiday experience for our guests at Lake Tinaroo Holiday Park.
About your duties
- In this role you will provide daily leadership to your team to ensure they focus and drive a customer-centric approach throughout their daily tasks and functions. You will liaise with our permanent residents as required and work closely with the business owners to respond to customer feedback.
- You will assist the Park Directors with people management activities such as: new staff recruitment; on-boarding, induction as well as on job training; provision of regular coaching and feedback for all employees.
- You will deliver financial targets as outlined by the Park Directors by tracking and taking timely action to address any shortfalls and by managing all budget expenses.
- You will ensure efficient management practices are employed across the park in areas including front office, staffing, financial controls, equipment maintenance, grounds maintenance and WHS
- As you lead your team you will create and maintain a positive and highly motivated work environment, where the values and behaviours of Lake Tinaroo Holiday Park are demonstrated through our Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
Our ideal candidate:
Our ideal candidate for this hands-on role will be well presented with extensive experience in a similar environment. Reporting to the Park Directors, you will:
- Be authentic in customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be highly organized and able to plan.
- Be calm under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Be experienced in local area marketing and managing of social media platforms (Facebook & Instagram)
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Be experienced in / able to rapidly learn the Reservation Management Software (RMS)
- Be available to work weekdays and weekends, including shift work.
- Be experienced in operating small boats. The successful applicant must be qualified to (or willing to learn to) tow and reverse a boat and trailer, run through safety procedures with boat hires and recover boats as needed.
- A valid driver’s license is essential, manual license is desirable
- Valid first aid certificate advantageous.
- You will receive a competitive salary package with a bonus program based on KPI’s
- Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products from our G’DAY REWARDS Partners
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.
Are you talented, passionate and performance driven? Then apply now!
- Published on 12 Feb 2020, 6:05 AM