About Discovery Holiday Parks
Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Parks is bringing to life Rottnest Islands first glamping experience. Featuring 83-luxury tents across several service levels, a resort style pool and two restaurants and bars.
Discovery Rottnest Island is where our guests can re-imagine the great Australian family holiday, disconnect from the world, enjoy freedom, space and discover what really matters.
This is the newest property in the Discovery Parks portfolio. Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
The primary duty of the Venue Manager is to oversee all operations of Discovery Parks Rottnest Island Pinky's Restaurant. This includes the management of all staff, the oversight of all procedures and the troubleshooting of any problems.
We are seeking an experienced, positive and passionate leader to develop a high-performing Food & Beverage team; you will lead by example. You are passionate about the customer experience and eager to drive customer-service excellence in your next role. Reporting to the venue's General Manager, your proven ability to maximise profitability and take a hands-on approach to delivering the highest standards across all operational aspects of the venue is paramount. Your responsibilities will include:
- To develop and manage restaurant budgets in order to meet strategic initiatives
- Support a customer-centric approach through all activities to ensure a high standard of customer service including actively seeking customer feedback with a view to continuous improvement.
- Managing the guest experience from the venue user’s perspective by establishing, inspiring and maintaining the Rottnest guest experience as a core component of the organization’s strategic priorities and daily operations
- Manage, train and develop a high performing team - including rostering
- Ensure Food Safety Standards, compliance with all safety, statutory and brand standards.
- Assisting in day-to-day operations, including opening and closing cash drawers, cash handling and answering and directing phone calls.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Manual (C-Class) drivers licence.
- Degree in event management, business, hospitality or related field of study is preferred
- Previous reservations experience.
- Previous sales and marketing experience within hospitality.
- Previous experience in high volume communication intake.
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Intermediate MS Office.
A base annual salary of $75,000 plus Superannuation. In addition, Discovery Parks also provide a the opportunity to participate in a bonus incentive scheme.
Accommodation is provided on the island for the successful applicant.
Other Benefits Include
- Complimentary G’DAY REWARDS membership
- Discounted accommodation for you and you family across our network of parks
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. If you already have a Police Clearance valid within the last 6 months, please upload a copy to your profile.