We are St Barbara. A growing gold company with a global outlook.
We’re an Australian based, ASX 200 company with gold mining operations in Australia, Canada and Papua New Guinea. Our vision is to be a brilliant, global mining company that grows sustainably and creates enduring, positive impacts.
Our Atlantic Operations Touqouy mine site is located an hour outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Situated in Canada’s Ocean Playground, it’s no surprise that Nova Scotian’s quality of life is second to none. Whether you prefer sandy beaches and coastal cliffs, or the culture and energy of city life, you’re never far from either. Halifax is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and has been rated by Maclean’s Magazine as Canada’s best place to live and work.
Now is an exciting time for our business and for our people. We’re going through a period of significant change and have gained real momentum in transforming our business so that, together, we can build a brilliant future. We’re looking for people who are ready to grow through opportunity and build brilliance with us.
We are currently seeking a Security Guard to join our team. This is a full-time permanent position with our Atlantic Operations based at our Touquoy mine in Middle Musquodoboit. The Security Guard works a 4 day on, 4 day off 12 hour shift schedule - rotating between days and nights. Reporting to the Watch Commander, your role will enforce the security policies and procedures for the company to ensure the security of the employees, infrastructure, equipment and supplies.
- Enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Signing in/out and screening of employees, visitors, suppliers and their belongings arriving and departing the mine site;
- Conducting periodic indoor and outdoor foot and vehicle patrols as required.
- Maintaining surveillance of surrounding area and reporting suspicious activity;
- Observing and reporting daily activities and irregularities to appropriate personnel, such as equipment damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences;
- Responding to first aid and security emergencies.
- Liaising with site management as necessary.
- Ensuring Contractor Health & Safety Compliance.
- Completing Access Control procedures.
- Liaising with police, medical and fire in the event of an emergency situation
- Other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to come and build a brilliant future with us?
We need the very best people. People who genuinely care for the work they do and the positive impact they can make. People who see challenge as an opportunity for growth and value working with others towards a common goal.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A personal commitment to behavior consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better.
- Security License or Diploma preferred.
- Previous experience in law enforcement, military or security roles is considered a definite asset.
- Strong written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to respond and deal with urgent/critical issues.
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Ability to generate shift logs, incident reports and access control logs.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a background check.
For further information on St Barbara and to apply for this role, please visit: https://stbarbara.com.au/working-with-us/current-opportunities/
At St Barbara, we’re committed to finding the best fit for every role. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming diversity in all its forms. All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration, regardless of their race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are the only Australian mining company to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) for seven consecutive years.
We encourage Members of the Mi’ kmaq community to self-identify in their cover letter.