- Job no: 057-23
Enviromental Technician - Earning capacity of $86,800
As the successful candidate, your extensive experience will ensure that ongoing quality and compliance is maintained so that the integrity of the captured data and information delivered is maintained to the standards required by our customers and the requirements of our NATA accreditation are satisfied. You will support the team’s professional development with your strong technical leadership and mentoring.
Ideally, you will be familiar with a wide range of scientific instruments including continuous air quality monitoring and software solutions, with hands-on experience in the repair, maintenance, and calibration of these type of instruments.
At times you may be required to attend project sites around Newcastle and the Central Coast at short notice, with occasional travel further afield (e.g. interstate). Standard business hours are Monday to Friday but longer hours or weekend work may be required at times.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in shaping the environmental services business alongside a talented and enthusiastic team. This will suit a driven technician with strong attention to detail who wants to be part of a collaborative, dynamic and innovative business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this role, your key activities will include:
- Identify improvements (operational, process, equipment) to maximise reliability and continuity of monitoring
- Ensure ongoing compliance with management systems, NATA accreditation and customer’s requirements
- Oversight of the technical performance on projects
- Work collaboratively with the Ampcontrol leadership to provide input and feedback into employee annual performance evaluations and planning
- Providing business development and tender support across our technical disciplines
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
An enthusiastic technician who will oversee the reliability, quality and continuity of field-based environmental monitoring to minimise instrument downtime and maximise data capture rates. You will have:
- Demonstrated experience in air quality monitoring
- Demonstrated experience in the repairs and maintenance of monitoring equipment.
- Experience in NATA accredited organisations or other demonstrable quality/compliance experience
- Willingness to take an active role in developing the technical skills of the team
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Personal career development
- Flexible work arrangements
- Competitive salary
- Purchased leave
- Health & Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Being part of a global, innovative organisation
At Ampcontrol, we are united by the principles of safety, people, innovation, customer and performance. Our people and values make our business better and are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to investing in our people and provide a supportive, healthy and safe working environment for all our employees.
If you believe you have the right skills, experience and passion for succeeding in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
WHAT WE DO
Ampcontrol Asset Integrity Services is a multi-disciplined advisory group that works closely with its customers to manage the technical and economic life of their assets. By leveraging our specialist expertise, we provide results and deliver insights that maintain and improve the integrity of high value assets, optimising performance over their life. Our solutions support a variety of business critical activities through testing, assurance, calibration, condition and compliance monitoring. Ampcontrol has independent NATA accreditation for environmental monitoring, oil testing and high voltage testing.
The Environmental Services team at Ampcontrol consists of environmental technicians and professional officers who work across a variety of projects which include ambient air quality, noise, groundwater and surface water, dam surveillance and occupational hygiene.
**Due to current immigration restrictions and urgency to be filled, this position is open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents only. It is a requirement that you are currently located in Australia.
- Published on 20 Mar 2023, 12:08 AM