- Job no: 046-23
ResTech provides professional research and development services in electrical and electronic engineering. As a collaboration between the University of Newcastle and Ampcontrol, the union bridges the gap between academia and industry, enabling industrial clients to access contemporary and fundamental knowledge and providing commercially viable solutions via a broad range of experience and technologies.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is your opportunity to join the Restech team as an R&D Engineer. Based at the University of Newcastle Campus, you will work closely with a team of world-class R&D engineers to design, develop and document embedded electronic products.
This is a unique engineering opportunity that will see you engage in diverse multi-disciplinary projects and face design engineering challenges. With a focus on embedded software design and development, you will be contributing to the commercial delivery of innovative technologies and products. Key objectives include:
- undertaking conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of software, firmware and deployment aspects of new products.
- actively initiating ideas for innovation in new product design, technology platform and technical methodologies.
- technically coordinating and managing assigned projects within timelines and budgetary allowances.
- providing assistance in the development of engineering proposals and preparation of feasibility studies, technical objectives and design constraints.
- maintaining a program of professional development that ensures awareness of understanding the technical, conceptual and philosophical approaches to modern software design.
Your willingness to be hands-on in a specialised engineering environment will be complemented by the following:
- Degree level qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Electrical, mechatronics, software development, computer science, data science).
- Demonstrable embedded software development experience (ideally 2+ years).
- Experience with software development IDE's and tools.
- Technical writing and communication skills and ability to present technically complex information.
- Familiarity with system simulation tools and experimental method.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Health & Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Personal career development
- Being part of a global, innovative organisation
As part of our team, we will encourage your ideas, support your ongoing development and career growth, and offer a collaborative environment – all aimed at helping you take your career to the next level.
If you have the necessary skills, experience and passion to undertake this role, we would love to hear from you.
If you have a passion for electrical/electronic product industrial design and want to have a true impact on the industry, apply online today!
- Published on 23 Mar 2023, 4:10 AM