- Job no: 8BKNP
Australia’s Academic and Research Network (AARNet) was established in 1989 and is widely regarded as the founder of the Internet in Australia and renowned as the architect, builder and operator of world-class network infrastructure for research and education.
We are Australia’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). We connect over one million users—researchers, faculty, staff and students—at institutions across Australia, supporting education and research across a diverse range disciplines including high energy physics, climate science, genomics, radio astronomy and the arts.
We are an organisation of innovators, doers, and courageous thinkers. We are not constrained by traditional products and solutions and we constantly strive to build the solutions that our customers will need tomorrow – today. If you have the imagination, foresight and drive to build the future why not come and join us?
The Customer Success team is looking for a Solution Consultant to enhance and expand our capabilities across a range of technical and commercial areas. The role will require specialisation in one to two nominated technology areas/domains.
This new position will work directly with customers to provide advice and expertise in a pre-sales, post-sales and consulting capacity, and help guide our internal development processes by providing technical and commercial input and advisory services relevant to proposed or existing AARNet services.
As this role will require the effective communication across a broad range of technical areas, the successful candidate will have experience in a wide range of products and platforms, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Hands-on experience with common vendors’ platforms and applications is essential. A practiced understanding of common approaches to solution design, development and implementation is critical (e.g. ITIL, SDLC, PPDIOO, TOGAF, etc.). Candidates should understand the importance of customer business drivers, and that of people and process aspects required to support succesful technology solutions.
This role will suit a self-motivated individual who is:
- Someone that takes pride in the quality of their contribution;
- An excellent communicator with technical and non-technical stakeholders alike, comfortable with developing and delivering presentations to a range of business and technology stakeholders;
- A logical problem solver with a natural curiosity, keeping across best practices and industry trends;
- Able to effectively manage multiple customer environments and prioritise; and
- A finisher – outcome focussed and ensures engagements are completed and/or handed over successfully.
- Work closely with team members in the Customer Success group to drive the successful adoption of AARNet’s products and services, and ensure that customers derive maximum value from their subscription.
- Work with customers to develop positive, long-term relationships that enable AARNet to better understand their needs, preferences and priorities.
- Work closely with product and Customer Relations teams to ensure the successful on-boarding of new customers across the range of products AARNet offers
- Work closely with the AARNet technical teams to aid in the investigation and resolution of major service disruptions within customer and AARNet environments
- Provide assistance and input to strategy and modelling efforts, with a focus on creating stable, manageable and sustainable services
- Provide support to architect/design activities alongside team members and AARNet engineering teams
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products and services in the marketplace relevant to your specialisation area(s) and the research & education sector landscape, including trends and changes in best practice.
- Maintain relevant technical accreditations
- Prepare talks and papers showcasing expertise for the education and research community
- Perform administrating tasks including reporting, documentation, expenses and others as required
Expertise, experience & qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in related fields / or 7+ years’ experience in related field
- 5+ years’ experience within a Systems Integrator, Service Provider or Enterprise environment in a similar role
- Experience in a variety of technical consulting areas within the telecommunications, Cloud, cyber-security or network domains will be central. Experience with one or more common network virtualisation technologies (e.g. MPLS VPN, VxLAN, EVPN, etc.) an advantage.
- Experience in the development of complex, large-scale solutions and commercial service offerings advantageous
- Experience in a leading solution design role advantageous
- Certification in or direct experience with Enterprise Architecture practices and concepts (TOGAF, Zachman, etc.) and related technology, design, development and/or project lifecycle approaches
- Technical certification in products and systems relevant to your area(s) of specialisation
- Proven incident and problem solving skills with an emphasis on timely and accurate resolution
- Ability to work with clear leadership but minimal day to day supervision
- Ability to build strong, trusted relationships through direct customer engagement and gain endorsement from a wide range of technical and non-technical customer stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with teammates, managers and clients to maintain high service levels in a demanding environment
- Excellent, highly-developed verbal, written and analytical skills, including report writing and prepartion of customer presentations on speciality areas or technical solutions.
- Self-motivated, directed and passionate
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to quickly adapt to, learn and gain accreditation on new technologies and procedural changes
- Published on 03 Jun 2022, 6:16 AM