Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experience Power Technician Secondary (Electrical Tester) who will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and fault response of equipment in the field working on the AusNet Transmission Electricity Network, which include Terminal and Zone substations and power distribution.
Key Responsibilities include
- Coordinate testing activities with internal & external customers
- Provide diagnostic testing and maintenance services on a wide variety of electrical protection and control relays & equipment
- Prepare work records and reports as required, including input into databases and work hours/daily work records
- Comply with flexible work practices to meet system needs-including multi-skilling
- Ensure that they maintain all the required training and authorizations in date at all times
- Receive and provide on the job training as required
The successful candidate is required to display a positive customer and team focus, work effectively, participate in identifying workplace change or productivity improvements. The role has coverage across Victoria and the incumbents may be required to travel and overnight stay within the state.
- Strong technical knowledge in analysing and solving technical information, including fault finding of secondary systems and experience working across power systems related secondary equipment
- Self-motivated and ability to work alone
- Ability to act with decisiveness to ensure network security and public safety
- Compare information from different sources to draw conclusions, and select an appropriate course of action
- Initiative to identify the critical resources necessary to achieve desired outcome
- Advanced Diploma of ESI – Power systems or equivalent qualification and Active Australian drivers licence
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest strength and inspiration so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits are key foundational elements on which we have built our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation and respect for community and country is the keystone that locks in place our Group Values.
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability to work hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia’s First Peoples.
We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Zinfra does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.
- Published on 12 Jun 2023, 1:16 AM