WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms, bringing together approximately 5,500 talented people across more than 50 offices in Australia and New Zealand. Our Advisory, Engagement & Digital (AED) business group collaborates to create a better future for our cities, regions, communities and organisations through the provision of integrated advisory services. www.wsp.com
Together, WSP and Elton Consulting are developing and delivering creative and comprehensive consulting solutions to a wide range of sectors.
This role leads our national Communications and Engagement practice. The team is made up of 80 professionals who deliver best practice communications and engagement locally, leveraging our national insights.
It is a senior role that could be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. The role balances business development, technical work, project management and team leadership.
Your key focus will be to develop and grow our Communications and Engagement offering through internal and external marketing, project excellence and client development to drive profitable growth.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead a team that designs and delivers integrated, tailored solutions incorporating strategic advice, policy, facilitation, face to face and digital engagement, social impact assessments, research, community relations, social media, media issues and management, bid strategy and graphic and digital design
- Be a leader and key contributor to the Business Group leadership team which includes supporting people, client, operational and health and safety initiatives
- Work with clients on complex problem solving, strategy and change across multiple disciplines
- Develop, attract and retain talent to achieve growth, excellence in client delivery and foster a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing that generates long‐term learning and development of capability
- Be Future Ready and champion innovation in everything we do
What we'll love about you
You are a strategic thinker with a background in providing strategic advice on community, stakeholder and government relations as well as complex community and stakeholder engagement issues across the government and the private sector.
You are likely to have 15+ years of experience in the industry. While we see previous consulting experience as desirable, experience in local government, the state public sector, or a Minister’s office will also be an advantage.
You will also bring experience and skills in:
- Leading complex communications and engagement projects and providing trusted advice to senior leaders
- Setting and achieving effective business, financial and profitability goals
- Developing and enhancing relationships, securing growth and future workload through the pursuit and winning of new work while providing mentoring and technical development to the team
- Engaging and influencing senior leaders within the not-for-profit, government and the private sectors
- Compelling leadership style with the ability to inspire, motivate, encourage and influence others through a socially impactful style
- Leading high performing teams
- Demonstrating Market eminence and positive client experience endorsement in the market
- Sector experience in property development, infrastructure and major projects would be advantageous
- Formal tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations or a related discipline
What we will offer you
At WSP we provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many personal and professional development opportunities that are aimed to help you deliver your best self to the role whilst managing your personal life in balance. We have been recognised for the second consecutive year as a Great Place to Work® with year-on-year increases in employee engagement.
Some of the many benefits we offer our employees include:
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- Global mobility
- Parental leave and purchased additional annual leave
- Corporate employee discounts and offers
- Salary continuance insurance
- Wellness at work & social club
- Workplace giving /volunteering
- Employee reward & recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities