- Job no: 66118
- Category: Engineering
Tundra Technical Solutions has built a safe and open community of talented women to help advocate for those looking to get ahead in their science, technology, engineering, math, and data careers. As a LinkedIn Diversity Champion, Tundra is a staffing firm that provides equal opportunities, career advice, and mentorship in the workplace for those who apply and join our community! Apply now to be first in line for equitable contract and full-time opportunities with the world’s most recognizable brands in the STEM industries. We can’t wait to introduce you to our clients.
The Project Controls Specialist is responsible for establishing the performance measurement baseline, monitoring and controlling performance, preparing EVM reports, variance analysis and change controls. This role provides support to the Program Management Office, Control Account Managers and other stakeholders for all project controls related processes.
- Perform all required company processes to establish performance measurement baselines for the assigned projects
- Establish the progress measurement system as per company guidelines for the assigned projects.
- Perform required processes to update related project data on the VSY Earned Value Management System (i.e. extracting and updating schedule updates, actual hours/dollars, physical progress, EAC).
- Generate project status reports for internal management and for the customer, including related dashboards and weekly EVM reports.
- Review and analyze project control reports (i.e. weekly EVM reports, Subcontractors reports, etc.).
- Perform variance analysis with the project control leads and project team, and suggesting corrective/preventive actions to maintain the performance within the thresholds.
- Participate in developing, establishing, and maintaining the company’s project cost/control systems and processes.
- Review project contracts with subcontractors and ensure that all the contract conditions (invoicing, reporting, change management, etc.) are applied and fulfilled, project tracking and reporting, and project closeout.
- Performing change controls processes including gathering information, raising performance measurement baseline change requests, communicating with related stakeholders and acquiring approvals for the change, and implementing the change in the EVMS.
- Have effective communication to support Control Accounts Managers to establish plans, measure performance, and variance analysis
- Validate source data and ensure the integrity of processes affecting outputs and data such as project coding, budget allocation, resource planning, and change controls processes, and other related cost and schedule data.
- Perform performance, cost related data reconciliations whenever required in line with company procedures.
- Arrange and facilitate project cost and schedule review meetings.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Business or Finance.
- Member of Project Management Professional Body (APM, PMI) or MBA is an asset.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in Project Management, project controls, business and financial analysis working in a complex multi-project or program environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Knowledge of Government of Canada standard Project Controls principles and guidelines is an asset.
- Understanding of and experience in Earned Value Management and related standards under PMI and NDIA is necessary.
- Data analytics skills and using its related tools such as Excel pivot table, power query, Power BI, and database related knowledge is an important asset.
- Communications skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate with others with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work under broad direction and use significant independent judgment to problem solve when more than one option is possible. Ability to identify opportunities to address emerging needs. Proven ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with internal and external contacts under complex and time-sensitive circumstances. A proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment and deal effectively with disagreements and prevent conflict from escalating.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize a complex series of project components for large, complex projects requiring a high level of detail and accuracy, Ability to resolve conflicts within established guidelines and procedures and to use judgment to decide which methods are appropriate.
Thank you for taking the time to consider working with Tundra and our clients. We are dedicated to offering the best recruitment experience by using equitable practices and considering all applicants, regardless of gender. Please note, only qualified candidates eligible to work in Canada or the US will be contacted by our recruiters. Stay up to date on new roles before they hit the market by registering to our STEM Talent Community.