Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and Felix. TPG Telecom is the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX. Combining a mobile network and a fixed line network delivering exceptional performance, TPG Telecom Limited is connecting Australia for the better.
TPG is Australia’s second largest Internet Service Provider and a leader in the telecommunications industry, having already connected more than 425,000 customers to the NBN so far. For more than 20 years TPG have outshone the rest with award winning customer service and a passion for doing things differently.
Role Purpose & Environment
The Solution Architect is accountable for aligning the strategy, architecture and evolution of RAN and services to serve TPG’s trials and POC’s through clearly defined and documented plans and roadmaps.
The core responsibilities of this role include evaluating new network technologies and architectures, working with vendors to develop the roadmap of offered technologies and features, and interacting with key stakeholders in and outside the company to implement new technology introductions into our wireless environment.
Reporting to the Head of JV and Wireless Infrastructure Strategy, the key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Creating and driving E2E technical solutions through 3rd parties and internally
- Ensure compliance & integration with the Enterprise Architecture
- Identify and progress opportunities to utilise and integrate emerging technologies to provide cost effective, flexible solutions.
- Evaluate new network technologies to meet TPG’s trials, proof of concepts and awarded projects
- Successfully deliver projects with the Project Manager – overcoming technical constraints
- Investigate and deliver AI / MEC and future 5G use case driven projects and proposals
- Determine strategies to evolve the radio network in a cost-efficient manner while minimising customer impact
- Work closely with other Engineering domains and with RAN vendors to develop solutions and network architectures
- Provide inputs to the 5-year RAN Evolution roadmap
- Prepare Network Presentations for key internal stakeholders when required
- Provide strong governance skills and techniques to ensure the delivered solutions meet the cost, performance, and user experience outcomes
- Lead virtual teams comprised of resources with different skill sets as required to work towards a common outcome
Skills & Experience Requirements
- 10 years experience in Mobile Telecommunications Industry
- Tertiary level degree in Engineering , Science or Computer based subject matter
- Expert in 5G / 4G / 3G RAN Technology and Architecture
- 3GPP Specifications and Roadmap
- Working Knowledge of NOKIA RAN
- RAN architecture – expert E2E understanding
- Proven track record in driving RAN network improvement initiatives
- Good communication skills & excellent Interpersonal skills
- Strong Experience managing or leading small dedicated or virtual teams
- Technology strategic thinking
- Commercial / business acumen
- Analytical and planning skills
- Comfortable in the managing and solving complex technical matters
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative workspace that helps drive innovation.
Interested? We are excited to hear from you!