- Job no: RMDCA
- Category: Finance, Tax
We’ve only just begun, but what a beginning. In a once in a generation moment, we’ve brought together powerful brands to create one united force. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. The latest technology and brave thinking let us connect our people and communities. You could play a role in that. A big one. We invite you to bring your boldness and stand out. You are empowered. Opportunities are plenty for those ready to accept the challenge.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Indirect Tax Compliance Manager to join our Tax division. You will be responsible for the overall compliance and governance of the companies indirect tax obligations and the tax cash outflow of the business.
- Managing accurate and timely lodgement of Business Activity Statements for the Company and its associated entities including managing tax issues arising from business activities on an on-going basis with a view to reduce review time by the external tax adviser
- Provision of GST advice to the business as an input into various projects when required
- Ensuring the business meets all ATO tax compliance related obligations with respect to GST
- Manage ATO tax review or audit activities by leading cross functional engagement to gather required information across various systems, verifying accuracy of complex reports, and reporting to the ATO, including GAT analysis and managing independent data testing activities
- Implement and oversee ongoing internal tax controls improvement activities and manage overall GST governance.
- Provide tax advice and practical solutions to the business when required. This includes participating in various projects and reviewing legal contracts where required
- Apply sound tax technical and management skills to assist the business in identifying tax opportunities and find innovative ways to achieve better results as a team
- Monitoring and leading communications with respect to changing tax laws and its impact for the Company including raising tax awareness with key stakeholders to mitigate risk/capture new opportunities and ensure a strategic approach to meeting tax law requirements
- Managing the tax reputational risk and relationship with taxation authorities
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the rest of the business to support the above accountabilities
- Management of tax staff where required. Foster a performance enhancement culture by actively coaching and mentoring direct and indirect reports, providing regular feedback
Knowledge and experience
- Relevant university degree and an internationally recognised accounting qualification is required
- Prior experience in a reputable Chartered Accounting firm required
- Prior experience in an ASX listed company preferred
- Prior experience with ATO Top 100 or Top 1000 assurance reviews
- Ability to develop good working relationships the ATO and other external bodies
- Ability to provide practical solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to manage deadlines to ensure TPG meets its lodgement obligations in a timely manner
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence change
- Strong technical tax knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills, proficient at using Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced working knowledge of policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting area of responsibility
Benefits and perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (work from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to TPG Learning Hub platform and internal development opportunities
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
Our TPG Telecom Spirit
We believe in the power of meaningful relationships to support vibrant, connected communities where everyone belongs. You will join a supportive company that is diverse and inclusive, and celebrates what makes our employees different, as well what brings us together. We want you to bring your true self to work, and to feel like your contribution matters. We encourage ambition in everything we do, from telco solutions to customer experience, to community impact. You will have real opportunities to take charge and take control.
If you think the power of people and collaboration can make a meaningful difference in the world, then APPLY NOW to help us build a better future.
Bolder and better together!