Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited, listing on the ASX in July 2020. The new company combines a mobile network covering more than 22 million Australians, a fixed line network which delivers high speed, symmetrical fibre to businesses across Australia on nbn Enterprise Ethernet or our own super-fast fibre products, and over 76 million IoT connections in more than 150 countries.
TPG Telecom Enterprise and Government (E&G) is the division responsible for business, enterprise and government customers. Our clients include some of Australia’s most iconic companies, along with not-for-profits, schools, health providers, national, state and local government agencies, small businesses and entrepreneurs.
As a Business Development Manager within our Victorian operations, you will assume overall responsibility for the continual development and deepening of all sales and customer relationships within an allocated portfolio.
You will closely with Internal stakeholders that include Senior Sales management, sales team, bid management, pre-sales engineering, provisioning, operations and customer service.
To be successful in this role you will bring a “business solutions” type approach, utilising TPG’s product and services to identify customer needs and sell into applicable market sectors. We are looking for someone who is a proven cultivator and ‘closer’ of sales opportunities within organisations of at least 100 and up to 5,000 employees and brings a strong understanding of how to penetrate Enterprise level accounts up to and including C level.
About the role…
- Take overall responsibility for the development of relationships, creation and closure of sales opportunities within an allocated portfolio, including all activities required to establish those relationships such as prospect identification and cold calling.
- Develop and implement sales plans for each of TPG’s products and services, for each customer in the allocated portfolio.
- Maintain up to date and accurate customer contact, pipeline and any other required information in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, i.e. Salesforce.
- Represent TPG at industry meetings and trade association events whenever requested, continually promoting the company and its services
- Keep track on local competitor activity, reporting any significant developments to the sales team and TPG executives (including Sales, Product, Service etc).
- Co-operate with cross functional leaders within TPG to increase the value the company delivers to all its Customers.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of sales strategies when selling into TPG market sectors, incl at least one of telco and ICT and ideally both
- Solid understand of TPG’s business and the competitive marketplace around us
- Knowledge of all political and economic influences that could affect TPGs businesses and the broader marketplace
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a comparable position, including sales engagement up to and at C level within businesses of between 100 and 5000 employees
- Management of business development portfolios, opportunity pipelines and individual deals worth order of magnitude in the hundreds of thousands of dollars
- A long term, proven track record in over achievement of sales targets, including selling in at C level with comparably sized organisations and in the same – or a similar – industry sector.
What makes TPG great is our people, we are a strong and mighty team that do a lot and we do it well. TPG is a Company where you can truly gain experience in a dynamic and diverse work environment. Working at TPG means taking on new and exciting challenges that help you grow and develop your career.
Interested? We are excited to hear from you!