- Job no: BGCMR
- Categories: Finance, Fin Control
Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchison Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and Felix. TPG Telecom is the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX. Combining a mobile network and a fixed line network delivering exceptional performance, TPG Telecom Limited is connecting Australia for the better.
As a Finance Manager – Shareholder Reporting you are responsible as the key contact with one of TPG’s largest shareholders, CK Hutchison Holdings Limited CKHH (HK) and reporting of financial information to them as appropriate. In addition, one of the primary responsibilities of this role is managing the finance function of HTAL being the listed entity that holds CKHH’s investment in TPG.
This role is critical in directing and managing the Group reporting and technical accounting functions along with the Senior Finance Manager including:
- Relationship management with an external auditor, PwC.
- External statutory and regulatory reporting completion and lodgement.
- Management and financial reporting to key shareholders.
- Key contact/business partner with equivalent Group Financial Reporting functions of CKHH.
- Management of external audit.
- Development and approval of the HTAL accounting policy.
- Review and approval of the HTAL COA.
- Financial planning and budgeting for the HTAL entity.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The following tasks involve working closely with the Senior Finance Manager as a team and liaising with relevant stakeholders at CKHH and TPG:
- Consider reporting timetable(s), systems and data management, report design & preparation, quality control and sign-off procedures
- Proactively drive reporting and process efficiency to ensure operational effectiveness and delivery of quality financial information and reporting submissions across each entity’s financial packs
- Act as key contact point for the shareholders’ Finance teams. Manage their reporting process requirements and co-ordinate responses to their results queries and other ad hoc requests
- Own the preparation and delivery of the shareholder reporting ensuring all submissions are prepared on time and are valid, complete and accurate. This includes monthly results in the required format, quarterly, half-yearly and annual submissions to support external announcements as well as budgets and long range forecasts
- Ensure all stakeholders are across the deadlines and what needs to be delivered by when
- Understand performance of the business to deliver meaningful performance analysis to the shareholders
- Manage the external audit process
- Prepare financial statement and external regulatory reporting
- Prepare the annual impairment review process
- Prepare the financial covenants
- Manage accounting policies and prepare recommendations for any changes
- Manage the COA
- Manage other tasks as required
Month End Reporting and Governance:
- Manage the month end financial statement close process
- Review month end and quarterly reporting outputs
- Report back to shareholders on complex, unusual and non-routine transactions, interaction with TPG finance team
- Drive an efficient month end process
- Key contact with Group Financial Reporting functions of shareholders and TPG
- Drafting accounting papers for audit committee review
- Review business contracts for accounting impacts
- Manage ad hoc technical accounting issues and also ensure annual report and half-year report are in compliance with AASB/IFRS
- Manage relationships throughout TPG organization and with shareholders and external stakeholders such as the auditors and HTAL advisors
- Identify and research relevant tax issues
- Liaising with internal and external tax advisors
- Manage all Tax reporting (including lodgement of monthly BAS, annual tax returns, CbC reporting, Transfer pricing documentation, ATO reviews)
- Management of the finance function relating to internal/external loans and cross-currency swaps
- Management of loan covenants
- Liaising with CKHH and TPG Treasury teams
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- CA qualified.
- Strong technical accounting experience (ideally Big 4 background).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic / constantly changing environment where the job description is constantly evolving and ability to manage ad hoc tasks.
- Ability to set up new processes and challenge existing processes for process improvement.
- Strong modelling and analytical skills (Excel).
- Ability to work independently and in teams through business partnering.
- Ability to business partner and develop relationships with both shareholders, key management, and relevant stakeholders within the organization.
- Active engagement with all stakeholders in TPG.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Ability to convert complex technical accounting concepts into a format that the wider business understands and therefore can apply.
- Comfortable liaising across borders with shareholders in Hong Kong.
- Telecommunications and tax experience desirable.
With Vodafone, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits as part of a global company, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative work space that helps drive innovation.
- Published on 30 Apr 2021, 5:39 AM