Source Legal is an exciting, rapidly growing firm that is actively disrupting the traditional legal model. We have created a unique model where we become our clients’ in-house legal team or supplement their existing team with additional capacity or expertise. We currently do this with some of Australia’s best-known brands.
At Source we are entirely value driven. We never bill by the hour and don't require our lawyers to keep track of their hours. Our focus is on client experience and giving our clients outstanding legal support.
The Source Workplace Law team is comprised of 18 specialist employment, IR and safety lawyers. Most are top-tier trained and many have extensive in-house experience, making us a leading national firm in this area.
The team is known for its close-nit culture, excellent teamwork and focus on development and mentoring for lawyers. They do high quality work in an environment that blends the best aspects of working in private practice and in-house.
Source Legal has a workplace freedom policy, meaning that each person is free to choose when and where they work in alignment with providing great client service. Our lawyers can work from any location, with offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane and Perth that they can be part of if they choose to.
As a Senior Legal Counsel you will work autonomously, but with plenty of support when you need it. You will work as a team with other senior lawyers to manage our wide and varied client base.
Our clients are spread across many sectors and of various sizes. Because of that, the work you get will also be very varied. You will work across all areas of employment law and, if you can, industrial relations and safety.
You will provide in-house style legal support to our clients, meaning that your approach will be highly commercial, practical and responsive. You will build close, supportive relationships with our clients and they will see you as an extension of their team.
As a senior lawyer you will also help mentor and support our Legal Counsel team, which is comprised of junior to mid-level lawyers. You will be responsible for helping them with management of their day-to-day work, their development and achievement of their career goals. Our Legal Counsel team is extremely high calibre and we want to take the best possible care of them by providing them with great mentoring and support.
We’re looking for someone:
- With 7+ years post admission experience within Employment Law - Industrial Relations highly regarded
- Who has enough experience to work autonomously but also enjoys working as part of a team.
- Who has a good grounding in private practice and also experience working in-house (or is interested in an in-house style of working).
- Who has extensive experience and a genuine interest in employment law.
- Who has a genuine interest in mentoring and supporting more junior team members.
- With an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Who is highly commercial and comfortable giving pragmatic & definitive advice – no sitting on the fence.
- A self-starter who can work quickly, be adaptable, communicate clearly and be passionate about client experience.
What’s in it for you:
- Interesting and challenging legal work in all areas of employment law.
- Work with great employment, IR & safety lawyers in a fun, collaborative and high performing team environment.
- Work autonomously, but with lots of support when you need it.
- Be at the forefront of developing new ways of providing legal services.
- No time recording.
- Create your own workplace experience – choose when and where you work in alignment with providing great client service.
- Competitive remuneration.
- People experience programs like the Da Vinci Program (get an extra weeks’ leave after completing a personal development activity) and the Adventure Club (this year trips to Darwin, Queenstown or Tasmania)
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information.
For more information on Source Legal, please visit https://sourceservices.com.au or follow us on LinkedIn.
HPX Group does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and HPX Group will not be liable for a fee.
- Published on 16 Dec 2023, 11:12 PM