- Job no: B8CYR
- Category: Legal Professional, Source
Source Legal is an exciting and rapidly growing corporate business which offers Legal, HR, Compliance and Governance services across its Australia-wide client base. We have created and provide a unique model for legal services that allows our lawyers to work across the country with a wide variety of clients of all sizes, in an extensive range of industries, by supporting them in an in-house capacity with both BAU work, but also in larger dispute resolution, regulatory enforcement and transactional matters.
Source is an award-winning professional services firm that provides in-house style legal services to businesses, by essentially operating as an outsourced legal department for our clients. We've broken the mould in what providing legal services can look like.
At Source we are entirely driven by the value of what we provide to our clients. We never bill by the hour and don't require our lawyers to keep track of their hours. Our model’s focus is on client experience and giving them outstanding legal services.
The Source Workplace Law team is comprised of specialist lawyers in this area who are top-tier trained and have extensive in-house experience, making us a leading national firm in this area of law and practice.
Our clients’ work health and safety (WHS) law support requirements, in particular, are what our team is needing an outstanding senior WHS lawyer to help us continue to expand and grow this essential aspect of our service offering to clients. The WHS law offering is led by Michael Cole (Director – Legal (Employment & Safety)), one of Australia’s leading WHS lawyers, who the successful candidate would work closely with to service our clients and manage our team of WHS and employment lawyers on its continued path of growth and success in the market. Michael would be very pleased to meet and tell you about the Workplace Law team and what this very important role will involve.
Join our Workplace Law team as a Senior Legal Counsel – Safety & Employment, specialising primarily in WHS matters, but also employment and industrial relations (IR) law work. The Source Workplace Law team is a close-knit group of high-performing employment, IR and WHS lawyers.
You will be given the opportunity to work in a diverse in-house style role, across a large variety of sectors and clients of various sizes. Because we have an extensive client base, the work is varied and we support clients in all areas of employment, IR and WHS law. This includes all areas of WHS law and practice from duty compliance, incident response and investigation, regulatory enforcement, prosecutions and coronials.
With a unique service model, Source has blended the best parts of the private practice and in-house legal environments, offering a varied and exciting operating environment with a flexible working policy where you choose how, where and when you work.
We’re looking for someone:
- With 7+ years Post Admission Experience
- Has multiple years’ work experience as a Senior Associate and/or Special Counsel in leading private practice firms and ideally also in-house.
- With extensive experience and a genuine interest in WHS law and practice, which is essential.
- Has an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Is highly commercial and comfortable giving pragmatic & definitive advice, without ‘sitting on the fence’.
- Is a self-starter who can work very quickly, be adaptable, communicate clearly and confidently, and is passionate about delivering the best client experience possible.
What’s in it for you:
- Interesting and challenging legal work in all areas of workplace law
- Work with other outstanding employment, IR and WHS lawyers in the Source Workplace Law team, in a fun, collaborative and high-performing work environment
- Work autonomously, but with lots of support when you need it
- Exiting opportunities to work on major matters and projects with the Workplace Law team at Hamilton Locke (our associated law firm), which is headed by Partner and leading WHS lawyer, Michael Tooma
- Be at the forefront of developing new ways of providing legal services
- No time recording
- Create your own workplace experience – you personally choose how, when and where you work
- Highly competitive remuneration
- People experience programs like the Da Vinci Program (get an extra weeks’ leave after completing a personal development activity) and the Adventure Club (this year’s trips were to Queenstown or Cairns)
- Be part of the HPX Group and work alongside Hamilton Locke, Australia's fastest growing law firm.
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information.
For more information on Source Legal, please visit https://sourceservices.com.au or follow us on LinkedIn.
HPX Group does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and HPX Group will not be liable for a fee.
- Published on 13 Nov 2023, 6:25 AM