- Job no: 282246
- Category: Administration/Secretarial/Clerical
- Full Time, fixed term role based in Hobart
- Working with ASRV Ice Breaker vessel
- Competitive remuneration + Additional benefits
You will be a self-driven and highly organised self-starter with the ability to multi-task high volumes of work and work to regular deadlines. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
About the Role
Reporting to the Operations Support & Compliance Manager, the Operations Administration Officer will be responsible for providing quality administrative support to the Antarctic Supply and Research Vessel ‘ASRV’ Project within the Serco Defence Business Unit.
This role will be based from the ASRV Hobart Office (Macquarie Wharf) and will support the Operations and Maintenance of the Research and Supply Vessel (RSV) Nuyina.
In addition to the administrative core functions of this position, you will provide support and coverage for the Crewing & Administration Coordinator in times of leave and/or peak workload.
This is a 12-month fixed-term position, with the possibility of further engagement after this term.
To be successful you will have:
- Cert IV in Business administration or similar qualifications, or demonstrated equivalent experience (highly desired)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the English language
- Ability to take direction and work with multiple functional supervision lines
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Mature teamwork and relationship building attitudes
- High level Microsoft Office Suite skills, and ability to learn new computer programs
- Willing and able to undergo government criminal history checks in order to obtain a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Previous experience in maritime, or with other high-risk operational activities (e.g. mining; industrial construction; emergency services or military) and/or interacting with satellite operational sites would be advantageous
- Experience with workforce coordination (travel, roster and/or payroll) would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to learn bespoke or complex management system programs (e.g. SAP)
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes national police check as an essential selection component for this role. All applicants need to have working rights in Australia. Serco requires employees in this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure the safety.
- Closes in 7 days - 03 Feb 2023
- Published on 04 Jan 2023, 4:46 AM