- Job no: 262601
- Category: Security Services, Detainee Services Officer
- Potential to Earn $100,000 per year
- Work for a role where no two days are the same
- Only work 7 days in a fortnight or flex up to earn overtime
You are motivated, possess a high level of integrity, are engaging, energetic, self-disciplined, and dedicated to delivering consistency in all that you do. You are a team player and a respectful and professional person who demonstrates a high level of moral values, interpersonal and influencing skills. You possess attributes including resilience, an eye for detail and the ability to think on your feet.
About the Role
As a Detainee Service Officer, you will focus on the detainees in our care ensuring the safety and security of the centre on behalf of an Australian Government Department.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated the highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Possess a sound fitness level.
- Ideally, have an understanding, of the needs of people from different ethnic, cultural and lifestyle backgrounds.
- Possess verbal and written communication skills which are clear and effective.
- Have a natural ability to influence and negotiate in situations which may be challenging at times as well as demonstrate resilience.
- Demonstrate flexibility in relation to your availability to work as directed undertaking a variety of shifts, rotational shift patterns and hours as required by the centre.
- Have an intuitive nature with a good eye for detail.
- Work successfully with the greater team to maintain the safety and security of the centre ensuring excellence in delivery of services.
- Demonstrate a sound level of computer literacy.
- Maintain a strong desire for learning and your own development.
- Be willing to take the extra step to deliver.
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a Federal police check as an essential selection component for this role.
Serco requires employees in this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people. Please consider this requirement when submitting your application.
As this is a large recruitment strategy, applications will be assessed and progressed through several stages. The process will take a number of weeks, as indicated below:
Stage 1: Phone interview
Stage 2:If successful at phone interview, applicants will be invited to attend a Group Interview- either on the 13th, 14th or 17th of December. At the Group Interview you will be required to complete the following;
- Written group Activities
- Face to Face interview
Stage 3: If Successful at the Group Interview you will be required to complete the following;
o Pre-Employment Medical
- Online Language, Literacy & Numeracy Assessment
- Psychometric Assessment
Stage 4: Verbal Offers to successful candidates will commence in October.
Key Dates to Remember:
Group Interviews:13th, 14th or 17th of December 2022
Training Course commencement on 6th February 2023
Serco and Proud
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, but everyone also has an important role to play from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 60,000+ globally and 16,000+ in Asia Pacific responsible for delivering essential public services in areas including defence, justice, immigration, healthcare, facilities management and citizen services.
To learn more please visit www.serco.com/aspac
If you are inspired to make a positive different and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now.
Serco’s values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people matter and make a difference every day.
We seek and celebrate diversity and encourage applications from all backgrounds and cultures including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGTBQI+, veterans and people with disability. By joining Serco you will have access to Employee Networks led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- Closed a month ago - 21 Dec 2022