We are on the lookout for a sports fanatic passionate about NRL, AFL, Soccer, NBA, Rugby and Cricket. You’ll love all things sports – whether it’s being part of the game, or just watching the game to keep up to date with the latest news and progress on season ladders.
This is a 12 month fixed term role for a sports-loving Merchandise Planner for our Online ‘Infinite Retail’ arm of rebel. The Merchandise Planner is located at Rhodes in our new offices which include access to our free on-site gym. You heard right, a free on-site gym!
- You will be responsible for the preparation and planning for the Infinite Retail licenced sporting codes – such as NRL, AFL, Soccer, NBA, Rugby and Cricket – in multiple venues & platforms for sales, inventory, margin and purchase targets
- You will develop, implement, control and revise all elements of Merchandise Planning within Infinite Retail (licensing division) to maximise ROI and mitigate potential risk of surplus stock
- You will manage the OTB requirements through monthly re-planning and forecasting, and will play a key role in Range Reviews
- Sports, retail, planning and analytics is your passion and as such, you’ll use your communication & influencing skills to make the best decisions possible whilst being able to adapt to change in a fluid work environment
- Budgets are a big part of the role as such you have full responsibility of departmental budgets for sales, inventory, margin and purchase targets. You will prepare & analyse reports on sales, margin, inventory, stock turn and aged stock
- You live and breathe sports, and always keep abreast of sporting events to best predict merchandise planning and forecasting of licenced goods.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, our ideal candidate will be a strategic, independent, self-motivated team player, with solid merchandise planning experience. You will be working in a category with varying sales curves and critical paths. Experience in planning seasonal departments would be advantageous.
In addition you will also have:
- A true passion for all things sports, retail, numbers and planning
- 3+ years’ proven experience in a retail Merch Planning role or comparable role
- Experience working with a licensed manufacture or sports retailer is highly desirable
- Must be passionate about details and numbers in a fast paced work environment
- Be an Excel guru with knowledge of advance functions and experience with SAP (or similar ERP systems)
- Strong budgetary knowledge with sound understanding of gross profit and inventory measures
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills and an understanding of merchandise planning tools
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Our offer to you is a workplace supporting flexible work arrangements, the opportunity to work for one of Australasia’s Top 10 ASX listed retailers, generous discounts across all of our retail brands, corporate perks program and a competitive package of salary + super + bonus eligibility.
Our Culture of Inclusion
Super Retail Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We support, promote and celebrate diversity and we recognise the benefits a culture of inclusion brings to our workplace and customer experience.
Closing date subject to change.
- Published on 05 Nov 2019, 12:19 AM