- Permanent opportunity at one of our most interesting locations Esperance
- Join a supportive team working on a 24/7 covering roster
- Great safety focussed role that requires excellent communication skills
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
We are seeking qualified Locomotive Driver’s at our Esperance depot. Reporting to our Linehaul Supervisor, the Locomotive Drivers are trained and qualified to perform locomotive driving on the mainline. The role requires to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe-working qualifications and established operational procedures, in order to meet customer and operational requirements. Drivers will be expected to complete both local and barracks working.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, accountability, integrity and team work.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a qualified Locomotive Driver with experience
- Display a high regard for safety
- Demonstrate a positive attitude working within a team environment
- Have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Have a strong customer focused approach to your work
- Hold a current motor vehicle licence
- Have or able to obtain shortly a ARC Infrastructure Track Access Permit
- Be available to work a 24/7 roster
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees at full pay
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Applications close on 12 September.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.