- Job no: E4JGM
- Full Time, Permanent Contract
- VMO/Staff Specialist Contract to be negotiated with successful applicant
- The successful applicant’s will enjoy the benefits of competitive remuneration.
The Intensivist is expected to provide high level Intensive Care Services within the approved scope of clinical practice as part of the Intensive Care team at Northeast Health Wangaratta. It is expected that the Intensive Care Specialist will provide routine specialist Intensive Care services and cover “on call” after hours.
This is a Senior Medical position and carries with it the professional responsibilities of clinical leadership, teaching and training as well as administrative requirements. Together with the Director of the Unit, the Intensivist provides Clinical leadership over the delivery of the Service in partnership with the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) to ensure optimal outcomes to patients presenting to the Intensive Care Unit.
As a member of the NHW’s Clinical Governance the Intensivist will contribute to the overall strategic planning and improvement of the quality of clinical care and service delivery provided to NHW consumers. This position amongst others is responsible for promoting NHW as a quality sub-regional health service provider.
The Requirements to apply you will need to have completed one of the following: FCICM
NHW is the major regional health service and specialist referral facility for Northeast Victoria. It serves a population of approximately 90,000, performs over 6,500 procedures a year and has approximately 700 births per year. It has an onsite radiology, pathology and blood bank service as well as a newly opened modern 8 bed Intensive Care Unit.
Wangaratta is under three hours drive from Melbourne. It is in a magnificent rural setting with snow fields, rivers, vineyards, national parks and a host of recreational activities on offer. It has over 11 schools including private Catholic and Anglican schooling options for pre-year 12. It is within 45 minute drive to Albury which is a large rural city that has also has a regional airport.
Applying for the role:
- Enquiries can be made via Melissa Murfitt, EA to EDMS firstname.lastname@example.org on (03) 5722 5233
- Confirmation of full Covid-19 and Influenza Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required upon application
- A PD for this role can be downloaded below or at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- Applications must address the key selection criteria from the PD
- Employment Statutory Declaration form must be submitted with your application
- To apply for this position hit Apply Now/Join Now or head over to our careers page at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- All additional documents can be uploaded within the application after filling in the key criteria
- Applications close Sunday 23rd October 2022
- Closes in a month - 23 Oct 2022
- Published on 14 Sep 2022, 3:29 AM