About the role
MacKillop’s Out of Home Care (OOHC) programs provide residential care, home based care, lead tenant and case management support for young people with high and complex needs, as well as a therapeutically oriented program for young people in protective placements.
Our Residential Services offers accommodation and support to children and young people who are referred through the Child Protection system. The Residential Care Worker is required to participate in the day to day operation of the unit, which includes responding to the young person’s emotional and functional needs, the development of their personal skills, all administrative requirements and household duties.
We are seeking Permanent Full-time, Part-time, and Casual applications based in Bendigo, VIC within our Out of Home Care Program. The position reports to the Residential House Supervisor.
Key Selection Criteria:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and Out of Home Care or other similar or relevant tertiary qualifications.
- A genuine interest in young people and their wellbeing.
- Demonstrate empathy for young people in our care in an open minded and nonjudgmental manner.
- Highly developed capacity for emotional self-regulation including the capacity to set and maintain consistent boundaries to provide safety, stability and consistency.
Please address the full Key Selection Criteria outlined in the PD as part of your application.
For a full position listing, please click APPLY. The Position Description is available for review at the bottom of the page.
For more information, please contact:
Chantelle Downward at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0467 482 326
- Generous Salary -helps increase your take home pay.
- Ongoing Career Development, Education and Training
- Employee Assistance Program – free and confidential counselling, coaching and emotional support for work and personal challenges
- Click HERE to find out more about becoming a member of the MacKillop Family Services team and what further support we have to offer our employees.
You must have a:
- Valid and current Driver’s Licence;
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check (paid for by MacKillop);
- Valid Employee Working with Children Check;
- Valid and current NDIS Workers Screening Check (for risk assessed / client facing roles). MacKillop can assist successful candidates with their application.
MacKillop celebrates and draws strength from diversity and respects the dignity of all people. Every person at MacKillop has the right to be safe and to be treated justly. We value every person’s ability, cultural or linguistic backgrounds, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, intersex status, relationship status, religious or spiritual beliefs, socio-economic status, and age.
It is our goal that MacKillop Family Services continues to evolve as a culturally safe, culturally competent, and welcoming organisation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, and communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Shortlisting for this position may commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.
- Published on 21 Feb 2024, 1:25 AM