About the role
The Family Support Worker will work alongside carer families in their homes to provide regular in-home, practical and emotional support to families daily. They will also assist carers to attend appointments and access community groups and activities. The Family Support Worker will provide support after school and in the evening to assist the family. The Family Support Worker role will also have the responsibility for continual assessment in consultation with case workers allocated to the family. The Family Support worker will report to the service Case Manager.
This is a Fixed Term 38 hours per week until 30/06/2024 with possible extention and permanency, opportunity based in Onslow WA within our Intensive Family Support/ Family Care Support Services Program. The position reports to the Coordinator Pilbara Services.
Key Selection Criteria:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families
- An appropriate qualification and/or experience in the human services or related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability in working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of vulnerable children, young people and families, including an understanding of the impact of trauma, attachment and child development.
Please address the full Key Selection Criteria outlined in the PD as part of your application.
For a full position listing, please click APPLY. The Position Description is available for review at the bottom of the page
For more information, please contact:
Natasha Bargeus at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0437 487 738
- Generous Salary Packaging (helps increase your take home pay)
- Ongoing Career Development, Education and Training
- Employee Assistance Program – free and confidential counselling, coaching and emotional support for work and personal challenges
- Click HERE to find out more about becoming a member of the MacKillop Family Services team and what further support we have to offer our employees.
You must have a:
- Valid and current Driver’s Licence;
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check (paid for by MacKillop);
- Valid Employee Working with Children Check;
- Valid and current NDIS Workers Screening Check (for risk assessed / client facing roles). MacKillop can assist successful candidates with their application.
MacKillop celebrates and draws strength from diversity and respects the dignity of all people. Every person at MacKillop has the right to be safe and to be treated justly. We value every person’s ability, cultural or linguistic backgrounds, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, intersex status, relationship status, religious or spiritual beliefs, socio-economic status, and age.
It is our goal that MacKillop Family Services continues to evolve as a culturally safe, culturally competent, and welcoming organisation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, and communities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Shortlisting for this position may commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.
- Published on 28 Feb 2024, 4:35 AM