- Job no: R7K94
- Category: Project Services
- Global and rapidly growing EPCM Company
- Expat role in Ghana on a 6:2 roster
- Long term opportunity - commencing Q3/Q4 2022
With offices in Africa, Australia, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the mining and metals; infrastructure and process industries. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a rich and diverse career.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a highly experienced Project Services Manager to take on a critical leadership role in our Ahafo North project team - A greenfield Gold Mine in Ghana for a tier one client. This position is an expat opportunity fulfilling a 6:2 roster for circa 24 months, commencing Q4 2022.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the PSM will provide leadership and coordinate all aspects of the site based Project Controls, including; Project Accounting, Cost Estimating & Management, Site Procurement, Planning & Scheduling, Contract Administration and Materials Handling.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Monitor project performance including costs, progress against schedule, safety, and internal reviews to provide a transparent assessment of critical performances across all business units.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of Project Control Procedures and Processes, in particular cost control and scheduling.
- Manage and coordinate inputs from various team members including engineering, procurement, contracts, project and construction in order to establish detailed cost, man-hour controls and schedule.
- Evaluate project progress to ensure that it is meeting budgetary and deadline objectives. Recognise progress concerns and report immediately to the Project Manager to ensure the project is completed within both budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Oversee and provide leadership to all site based project services personnel, including expats and nationals.
- Maintain the integrity of the information interface with the project home office in Perth, WA.
- Provide overall, high level support, to the Project Manager and act as the delegate of authority in their absence.
What you will bring:
- Circa 10-15 years’ experience in project services management, including cost management, contract administration, procurement & planning/scheduling: preferably in the mining industry.
- Undergraduate qualification in commerce, business or engineering.
- Previous international site based experience, particularly in Africa, will be considered favourably.
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of Project control principles, theories, concepts, tools, progressing and reporting.
- Previous experience in the multi-location interfaces and foreign currency aspects of a global project.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary.
- A focus on creating, fostering and managing people relationships for diverse, high performance teams.
- Ability to build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders, and work collaboratively with colleagues across multiple locations.
- Exemplify and encourage the core values and ethos of the business.
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focusing on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
We encourage and promote diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Published on 05 Aug 2022, 7:56 AM