- Job no: MTA8T
- Category: Construction
- Growing pipeline of projects offering excellent career opportunities
- Travel, meals, mobile and use of company vehicle included
- Close-knit team with a great working dynamic
Lycopodium Infrastructure is an Australian headquartered consultancy offering asset management, engineering, architectural and project delivery services to a wide range of private and public clients nationally and internationally. Our services are delivered across a number of industry sectors including government, transport, energy, utilities, property, buildings, resources infrastructure, defence and agriculture.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a keen and enthusiastic Track Inspector with experience within the rail sector to join our Newcastle based team, undertaking track inspections and providing rail maintenance site management. Reporting to the Senior Rail Superintendent the successful candidate will be rewarded with competitive remuneration, the inclusion of travel, meals & mobile, as well as the use of a company vehicle.
The tasks you'll perform
- Working locally and Australia wide on a rostering system providing unbiased and independent advice to our varied clients.
- Track examination and certification.
- Rail maintenance site co-ordination and supervision when required.
The expertise you'll bring
- Current Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure or
- Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure with the following additional TLI units of competency:
- TLIB3090 – Check & Repair Track Geometry
- TLIB3095 – Check & Repair points & Crossings
- TLIB3099 – Examine Track Infrastructure
- TLIB3100 – Visually Inspect Track Infrastructure
- Current ARTC Protection Officer Level 2 (Lycopodium will consider providing training where the applicant’s PO2 competency is not current).
- Work Safely in the Construction Industry Induction (White Card).
- First Aid Certificate.
- Proven ability to inspect and assess defects and recommend maintenance scopes to rectify.
- A fundamental understanding of rail industry standards.
- Ability to work alone and self manage time according to rosters and planned work.
- Sound level of technology and ability to apply in the field.
- A commitment to producing high quality work and ethical behaviour.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a practical approach to solving problems.
The benefits we'll provide
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
- Published on 18 Jan 2023, 2:15 AM