- Job no: G8N3D
- Category: Engineering
- Provide technical expertise to complete project requirements
- Oversee local Staff on project duties
- Suit an established Principal/Lead Mechanical Engineer or Senior Mechanical Engineer
With offices in Australia, Philippines, Africa, and Canada, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Due to the Company’s involvement in several new projects and studies, Lycopodium has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Consultant - Mechanical to join our Manila-based team.
Reporting to the General Manager - Manila, the role of the Technical Consultant - Mechanical is to provide technical expertise or coordinate expertise from external sources to effectively complete the project requirements. The role also encompasses the overseeing of National Staff on project duties. The role extends to managing good communication and transfer of information between disciplines and other Lycopodium offices.
Position would suit an established Principal/Lead Mechanical Engineer or a Senior Mechanical Engineer ready for next career progression.
The tasks you'll perform
- Manage the engineering team in project deliverables, resource planning and ensuring tasks are completed based on Lycopodium standards.
- Manage the professional development of the engineering team through establishing appropriate internal training and development programmes and identifying relevant external programmes.
- Compliance with applicable Australian and Study/Project specific Codes and Standards.
- Review of specifications, data sheets, lists, reports, and other engineering deliverables.
- Discipline input to design and provision of information to design team for the preparation of 3D models and drawings.
- Review, evaluate and provide recommendations for vendor equipment.
- Review and mark-up vendor certified documents (data sheets, manuals, project lists, etc) and responsibility for the implementation of client interface onto the drawings via the draftsmen.
- Preparation of Study and Project documentation.
- Assist in the preparation of manhour budgets and design schedules for Study/Project estimates.
The expertise you'll bring
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in EPCM Operations Group discipline
- High degree of professional ethics and a high level of ability in personnel management.
- Capacity to evaluate work practices, implement systems and suggest alternatives and refinements where necessary.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders, including clients, vendors and co-workers.
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision whilst consistently producing a high quality of deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve consistently high standards within both budgetary and schedule constraints.
The benefits we'll provide
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.
- Closes in a month - 04 Sep 2022
- Published on 04 Aug 2022, 10:44 AM