- Job no: CFJBP
- Category: Engineering, Project Services
- A • Oversee and drive a safe, documented work culture through EPCM/Contractor interaction on a daily basis.
- B • Check and develop ITPs for all systems and components to ensure deliverables are met to a high-level of accuracy.
- C• Assist with the daily Contractor Management, including work procedures, practices, and plans for the installation of the – Powerline and High Voltage electrical systems.
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a Powerline & High Voltage Infrastructure Supervisor to join our growing Project team in Ahafo North.
Reporting to the Construction Manager _Plant/ NPI the Powerline & High Voltage Infrastructure Supervisor will be responsible for Contractor Management, installation monitoring, testing and commissioning of electric systems, including overhead and underground distribution, HV Switch Gear and ensuring compliance to Company, Client, regulatory and contractual requirements.
The tasks you'll perform
- Ensure the Contractor is in procession of all IFC drawings and most recent specifications for construction of transmission lines and HV systems.
- Regularly meet and update the EPCM Management and Projects Controls team.
- Perform regular inspections of the work including wire sag and tension analysis, design vs installation actuals, specifications of materials, project cost and quality control reviews.
- Oversee, check and manage the installation Contractor of the high voltage overhead transmission line (up to 161kV) and HV systems including safety quality, schedule progress, workmanship quality, documentation checklists and claim progress.
- Approve and document all HV Switching activities, in conjunction with the E&I Superintendent.
The expertise you'll bring
- An analytical and problem-solving approach to work.
- HV Switching knowledge.
- Proven HSE knowledge and interaction.
- Previous mine site exposure
The benefits we'll provide
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.