- Job no: 6K37X
- Category: Commercial, Project Services
- Prepare Project Products Schedules to a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- Monitor designated project product schedules and provide timely updates to relevant stakeholders to ensure Project deliverables meet Company, Client, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide specialist advice in designated areas of expertise.
With offices in Australia, Africa, Canada and the Philippines, Lycopodium proudly delivers high quality professional engineering and project delivery services globally, across the resources, infrastructure and industrial processes sectors. By joining our global team and learning from renowned subject matter experts, we can offer you a diverse career that could take you anywhere in the world.
Lycopodium is currently recruiting for a Material Manager to join our growing Project team in Ahafo North.
Reporting to the Construction Manager - Plant / NPI the Materials Manager will be instrumental in tracking, attaining, transporting and storing goods and materials in line with Project, Client, and Company requirements.
The tasks you'll perform
- Monitor and manage all deliveries of the Project equipment and materials
- Manage the storage of all equipment requiring “storage maintenance” and document the work carried out.
- Manage the distribution of equipment and materials to the Project EPCM Team and relevant Contractors.
- Be directly involved with the in-country transportation of all equipment from the Port to Site.
- Keep detail records of equipment and material movement, receipt of goods and signature of distribution.
- Interviewing vendors and visiting supplier distribution centers and plants to examine and learn about prices, products, and services.
The expertise you'll bring
- Evaluating suppliers based on delivery speed for their products and services, price, and quality.
- Manage the Materials Management Team and direct reports.
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively under no supervision whilst consistently producing a high quality of deliverables.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise to a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
The benefits we'll provide
Lycopodium has a strong company culture focused on career progression and technical skill development. You can expect to be involved in a wide range of large projects whilst working amongst a team of highly skilled professionals.
We recognise that everyone is different and needs may change over the course of your career. That’s why we :
- Invest in our people for the long-term, building a diverse and rewarding career, mentored by the best in the industry.
- Allow our people to balance work with other commitments, like family or study, offering flexible work arrangements.
- Are undertaking significant people and technology initiatives that will support the workplace of the future.
We encourage and value diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, age, disability and ethnicity.
Our commitment to equal opportunity is embodied in our values of Respect, Integrity & Diligence. They are inherent in who we are, as individuals, and collectively as a Company.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Please submit your CV by clicking the 'Apply' button.