- Job no: KY97Y
Kip Adelaide North
Position: Animal Attendant (Christmas Casual)
At Kip, we provide pets with the best care and enrichment - and have our people to thank for it. We are compassionate caregivers to our four-legged friends and exceptional communicators to their paw-rents. And, we are now on the howl for more dog mad, get-your-hands-dirty-and-your-shirt-furry extraordinaires to join our Kip community over the Christmas and school holiday period!
Why Kip Happy Stays?
- Did someone say pets?
- We offer real career pathways for individuals who are looking for more than just a job. We are committed to development with a majority of our leaders having been promoted internally.
- We offer opportunities for ongoing training to develop and build your animal handling skills, such as pet first aid and pet CPR, canine socialisation online workshops, and/or become an accredited dog trainer through Kip with the National Dog Trainer’s Federation (NDTF).
- Our team leaders have access to further training opportunities, such as human first aid, leadership workshops, secondment roles and a Kip community where ongoing learning is celebrated and shared amongst each other.
- We drive collaborative relationships and we encourage our team leaders to visit similar sites to understand how we operate across Kip, network with teams and learn/share ideas from peers.
- We offer a structured induction program that trains on all aspects of the role you will need to succeed and feel confident. This is great for individuals with no animal handling experience but a desire to learn on the job!
- You receive generous staff discounts of up to 50% on shop items and on our boarding and daycare services (where applicable).
- Employee referral program where you can earn up to $3000 per person when you recommend exceptional people that we onboard at Kip Happy Stays.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that supports our employees with free confidential counselling and support to all employees.
- Find long term friendships with humans who have similar passions and interests and a drive to provide the best quality care to pets across Australia.
- Work for a fun and exciting business with a well established reputation and brand.
- You will be a key contributor to providing a high level of service to pets and their parents through care you can genuinely be proud of - and don’t forget the daily pet cuddles!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provision of food and water for pets in care
- Health checks and general animal husbandry
- Supervising groups of dogs and managing their behaviours to maintain overall wellbeing and safety
- Providing enrichment through play and scheduled activities
- Frequent cleaning and upkeep of facility to maintain a high level of hygiene and safety
- Building and maintaining rapport with our pet owners through feedback and transparency
- Creating and distributing media content for our pet owners through videos and photos
- Daily administration such as answering enquiries through email and phone, record keeping and entering information in our booking systems
- Must be available on weekends and school holiday periods
- Must be driven and have a strong work ethic as the role can be challenging and physical
- Must be attentive and have a great attention to detail
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be able to follow routines, policies and procedures
- Previous experience working with animals is preferred
What's the best way to be shortlisted?
- Include a cover letter outlining why you are best fit for the role. If you have no animal handling experience or don’t tick all the boxes, we'd love to know how your current skill set can transfer!
- Available for a minimum of 4 days per week Monday to Sunday
- Shifts will be between the hours of 7am-6pm
- Our recruitment process involves a one-way video interview.
We look forward to reviewing your applications!
- Published on 10 Nov 2023, 1:39 AM